Thread: Backtrack2 + Alfa(AWUS036H) --> Bug ???

Default Backtrack2 + Alfa(AWUS036H) --> Bug ???

hi,

I'M new in this forum but not a total newbie at all.
    I maybe found out a bug of Backtrack2final with the alfa- stick.
    To put it in a nutshell: I´m using the aircrack 0.9.1 (svn499) version & New v4 of Alfa patch of poiltsnipes and wmware (above versin 6).Everything works fine a few hours, when i collect IV's. But after plenty of time, the shell window, where you type in the commands ( i dont really know how to discribe it in english:-)) has no frame anylonger and so you can not minimize oder close the window and even so i'm not able to open up a new shell konsol to go on with cracking for example. And of course the starting line on the buttom of the desktop is goen too.

Maybe there is someone out there having the same problem???
    I'm sorry for my bad english and thats the reason too, why I can't manage to search for this thing because I don't know how it would be named.

Thanks

Maybe an other question here too: I watched the Video " how to crack WPA/WPA2" but it's not crystallclear, why you can't use the attack with Capital letters because in the Video the passphrase had Capital letters at the beginning or am I worng?

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by goon123 View Post
    hi,

I'M new in this forum but not a total newbie at all.
    I maybe found out a bug of Backtrack2final with the alfa- stick.
    To put it in a nutshell: I´m using the aircrack 0.9.1 (svn499) version & New v4 of Alfa patch of poiltsnipes and wmware (above versin 6).Everything works fine a few hours, when i collect IV's. But after plenty of time, the shell window, where you type in the commands ( i dont really know how to discribe it in english:-)) has no frame anylonger and so you can not minimize oder close the window and even so i'm not able to open up a new shell konsol to go on with cracking for example. And of course the starting line on the buttom of the desktop is goen too.

Maybe there is someone out there having the same problem???
    I'm sorry for my bad english and thats the reason too, why I can't manage to search for this thing because I don't know how it would be named.

Thanks
    I would say that this is either a vmware problem or a hardware problem, I use this card with backtrack2 and have never had such a problem. It is however more likely that you have just run out of memory or hard disk space while running under vmware.

t is however more likely that you have just run out of memory or hard disk space while running under vmware.
    And how can I slove this problem? I mean i've got enough space on my HDD and even enough memory. Maybe its better to install BT2 direct on my HD? But how do i do it? I even wonder how I can run aircrack and so on so, that everything keeps being at my Hard Drive, next time I use it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goon123 View Post
    And how can I slove this problem? I mean i've got enough space on my HDD and even enough memory. Maybe its better to install BT2 direct on my HD? But how do i do it? I even wonder how I can run aircrack and so on so, that everything keeps being at my Hard Drive, next time I use it?

Thanks
    The amount of memory and HDD space you have is not the same as is available under vmware, that depends on how you have the vm configured.

As for your other questions, you will have to search the forum as there are numerous threads covering those topics.