Thread: Dual booting backtrack5 & Windows 7

Just burned his ISO

Question Dual booting backtrack5 & Windows 7

Hi, im new to BT. i would like to install BT in dual booting mode with my existing windows 7 ultimate x64.
    i boot the system with backtrack live usb. Bt when i click install backtrack, after few steps it didn't show the option "install...side by side" as i saw in some tutorial videos. It says "This computer has no operating system on it". Can anyone help me install BT in dual booting mode? Thanks in advance...

regards

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Dual booting backtrack5 & Windows 7

You can use unetbooting, and then edit your biosmenu and setup an partition for BackTrack, I prefer unetbooting, although you must have a .iso of BackTrack already downloaded.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Dual booting backtrack5 & Windows 7

Here is a small guide for dual booting In win 7 http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...reate-new.html. You need to create a new primary partition on which you will install the second operating system you will need to have free(empty) space on your system/hdd to create a new (second) primary partition keep in mind this will be its own hard drive essentially for the new linux install so give yourself enough space for the install and some room to play around with for installing programs and such, also make sure you do not format the new space with ntfs file system (linux does not use this file system) it will ask you if you want to do this in the wizard choose the do not format option. Once you created your new partion reboot the pc and boot from whatever medium your using with the linux install image on it either your usb or dvd-rom or whatever it is that has the image, pulling up your boot menu varies from bios to bios but I assume you know how to do this and choose the medium. From here just let the linux installer format the unallocated unformatted space/drive letter it sees it should automatically detect it when the installation starts and voila you should be good to go. Once the install is completed every time you reboot your PC you should be prompted on which operating system you wish to boot either linux or win 7. Good luck and have fun, hope this helps if you haven't already figured it out.

Just burned his ISO

Smile Re: Dual booting backtrack5 & Windows 7

Thanks Guys...