Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I've changed laptop. And now?

Quote Originally Posted by Funnyman View Post
    that is too pricey, would you say thorin?
    I guess that depends how important it is to you. Personally I wouldn't waste the money but Wireless VA/Pentest isn't that important to me.

Thank you at all... Shaman, thank you for the all support. I'll find this card also in italy. If not, i'll give money to your country.

Thank you.

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

REALLY IT'S A ****ING GOOD CARD !!!
    and it's rt73 based so if you got pb here you have some long time users of these chipsets like me or scw666
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Question

is there any express card slot tht works with on the tools supported by backtrack ( i mean injecting packets ) . or can i use an express card slot to pcmcia slot convertor.

Quote Originally Posted by AmphybiouS View Post
    Thank you at all... Shaman, thank you for the all support. I'll find this card also in italy. If not, i'll give money to your country.

Thank you.
    hi. another italian user.....maremma sudicia rules!! ahahahah have you resolve your problem with usb adapter?
    (hai poi risolto per la chiave usb? io sono nella tua stessa condizione con il mio hp e mi son preso due chiavette....)

Question

can i use usb to pcmcia card adapter...will it be supported by backtrack. actually i hve a dlink dwl-g650 airplus extreme card and i dont wanna nuy a new card. will it be detected by backtrack as a normal pcmcia card when used using the convertor above?

Just burned his ISO

Default USB Dongle with BackTrack

Hello,

I noticed that you were asking which USB dongle would work with backtrack.

What has worked for me, and has worked well, is the D-Link WUA-1340.

You will need the updated drivers, which you can find at hxxp://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/rt73-cvs-daily.tar.gz (I can't post URL's yet)

then

tar zxvf rt73-cvs-daily.tar.gz
    cd rt73-cvs-daily.tar.gz
    cd /Module
    make
    sudo make install

(the above link and instructions were copied from a post made earlier by Serch)

Once the new drivers are installed, plug in the dongle, and for me it comes up as wlan0. It works really well for me, monitor mode, packet injection, etc. I am very pleased with it, and since it's USB, I can use it on any of my computers.

Hope this helps, if you decide that you need to go the USB route for a wireless card.

Developer

Im just curious does any one know if this usb adapter works?

http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=593045&D=2%20wireless&No=0&Dx =mode%20matchallpartial&Nty=1&Ntx=mode%20matchallp artial|mode%20matchallpartial&Ntt=wireless|dlink&N =100000&uniqueSearchFlag=true&y=0,8&x=0,10&Ns=p_br and|0&Nr=100000&Ntk=all|all&An=text

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Hello,

I noticed that you were asking which USB dongle would work with backtrack.
    actually u didnt get my point , i am keen to know hat has anyone tried using a pcmcia card using a usb to pcmia adapter convertor...and whether it while work under backtrak as a normal pcmcia card..
    :cool:" i had rather be hated for wat i am than to be loved for wat i am not ......":p

arstech.com/item-USB-2-0-to-PCMCIA-card-usb2pcmcia.html
    will it work on backtrack ??
    :cool:" i had rather be hated for wat i am than to be loved for wat i am not ......":p

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast