Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't get packet injection to work-Wireless card D-Link650+

Just burned his ISO

Default Can't get packet injection to work-Wireless card D-Link650+

Hi guyz, I am using a D-link 650+ ,Texas Instruments ACX111 (with the supplied drivers ACX111 on BT2) but i can't get packet injection to work on aireplay-ng . Does the driver need to be patched? if so, how do i go on about doing it? Any help would be much appreciated.

Note: i did search for my card in the forums but i did not find any related topic

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Jos Lohan View Post
    Hi guyz, I am using a D-link 650+ ,Texas Instruments ACX111 (with the supplied drivers ACX111 on BT2) but i can't get packet injection to work on aireplay-ng . Does the driver need to be patched? if so, how do i go on about doing it? Any help would be much appreciated.

Note: i did search for my card in the forums but i did not find any related topic

Regards
    Here is the all in one solution to your problem!!!
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Just burned his ISO

Well....Thanks for the riddle and redirection to search but i was hoping for more help.

Aircrack-ng website lists my network card as compatible with injection. BT Wiki is informing pretty much the same.

-Is packet injection at all possible with the native driver suplied with BT?
    -If not, what driver should i use ?
    -Aireplay-ng does not recognise -9 (injection test) as an option either so i am not even enable to perform a simple test.

I also have an Intel BG ipw2200 card and i wasn't able to send packet s with that one either. I tried to patch that but I keep getting errors when i compile.

Little more help pls this time..
    Regards

Well....Thanks for the riddle and redirection to search but i was hoping for more help.

Aircrack-ng website lists my network card as compatible with injection. BT Wiki is informing pretty much the same.

-Is packet injection at all possible with the native driver suplied with BT?
    -If not, what driver should i use ?
    -Aireplay-ng does not recognise -9 (injection test) as an option either so i am not even enable to perform a simple test.

I also have an Intel BG ipw2200 card and i wasn't able to send packet s with that one either. I tried to patch that but I keep getting errors when i compile.

Little more help pls this time..
    Regards
    You need to update Aircrack to use the injection test. It isn't available on the BT2-supplied version.

We don't spoonfeed around here, so asking for more help without showing that you're doing some work for yourself isn't likely to yield you any results.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Regards
    Rubbish, if you had searched you would have discovered the problems with those chipsets, and many posts telling you how to fix it.

The reason you got the answer you did, was that it is obvious to someone that has been around a while, when someone has searched or are just saying they have.

Search again, the answers ARE HERE many times over.

Just burned his ISO

God , we have some very angry people up here...i am sure u guyz asked around too when u got stuck while u were newbie.

I searched for acx100, acx111, and dlink650+, i found 7 threads, with only one mentioning my card but this guy ended up buyin a Netgear card, instead of trying to work all this out.

Now, I see that aircrack-ng compatibility list says that i need to patch it to inject.

Anyway, i tried to patch this driver with alittle help from here:
    h||p://aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=acx

but i keep gettin errors when i get to

make -C /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/ M=`pwd` modules
    make -C /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/ M=`pwd` modules_install

Note-uname -r has been changed according to BT2.

Am I going the right way?

I'll also try the new version of aircrack to solve this.(many thanks to moderator)
    Regards.

God , we have some very angry people up here...i am sure u guyz asked around too when u got stuck while u were newbie.
    That is not angry, that is fed up of people asking questions that have been answered on the forum, that they would have found if they had searched.

Check back through all of my posts and see if you can find me asking a newbie question. I know you will not be able to find a single one. You know why that is ? Well I will tell you, it is because before asking a question, I DID do my own research, and I solved the problems I had myself, often taking days or weeks to find the solution.
    I searched for acx100, acx111, and dlink650+, i found 7 threads, with only one mentioning my card but this guy ended up buyin a Netgear card, instead of trying to work all this out.
    Well using one of those search terms I found someone's answer that was a step by step on how to patch the drivers.

Now, I see that aircrack-ng compatibility list says that i need to patch it to inject.

Anyway, i tried to patch this driver with alittle help from here:
    h||p://aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=acx

but i keep gettin errors when i get to

make -C /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/ M=`pwd` modules
    make -C /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/ M=`pwd` modules_install

Note-uname -r has been changed according to BT2.

Am I going the right way?

I'll also try the new version of aircrack to solve this.(many thanks to moderator)
    Regards.
    Well the reason that isn't working is that you didn't follow those instructions correctly if those are the commands you used.

Just burned his ISO

I apologise for inconvenience i caused but i did not mean to take a cheap shot at your ability. I respect where u r, in terms of knowledge, and someday i'd like to be in a place like that.

All i meant to say was that at someplace in your life u must have asked around too. I am such a newbie that i have linux textbooks at my desk and i have been searching for this prob for over three weeks, brws diff websites and forums. I tried this card with Suse 10.0, ubuntu, knoppix and now BT2 Live CD

I did make changes to the command lines accordingly.
    And i'll look thoroughly into these posts again.
    I'll try the latest version of Aircrack too.

Anyway, thank you for all the help and i'd lookelse where for this prob.
    Regards

In my opinion I am a newbie too, so don't put me up on some kind of pedestal.

Take a look at this particular post, it is from one of the threads using one of those search terms. The person who posted that, is very knowledgeable and one of the people on here that I respect. It is very simple, and easy to follow, and if he says it will work you can bet it does.

Good luck

Just burned his ISO

Thank you very much for pointing this one out. Much obvious but I overlooked this post since i already had the driver working (but NOT injecting). but i appreciate all the help that i can find and i'll do my best to work this out.

Regards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast