Thread: ATI Mobility Radeon x1400 driver

Just burned his ISO

Default ATI Mobility Radeon x1400 driver

I've got the ATI Mobility Radeon x1400 card and the driver is not on BT3. I don't know if it's supported in BT4, I don't have a DVD burner handy to find out. One, how can I get this driver (I've got a linux installer for it, will that work?) and two, how do I place this file inside the BT3 cd iso so that it works?

The black bars on the input boxes for these forums are annoying as hell btw. Can I disable that?

Default Re: ATI Mobility Radeon x1400 driver

First, for your question, BT3 isn't supported here. When/if you get a chance to try it out in BT4 and see if you have issues, we can do our darnedest to help you out.

As for the annoying black bars... I concur, they are annoying as hell. The fix: change the style of the boards to the Backtrack 1 theme, using the drop-down box in the bottom left corner of the page. [SARCASM]Convenient location for that, too.[/SARCASM]
    thou shalt treat all computers as thou wouldst treat thyself, for thou art the creator of thine own problems.

Just burned his ISO

So I did this. It broke my xorg.config. Should I use the config from here ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 - ThinkWiki

?

Just burned his ISO

Envy NG does it. How could I forget =p
    Last edited by NewJack; 06-20-2010 at 10:03 PM.