Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reaver not working and/or in loop

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation Reaver not working and/or in loop

I have downloaded the last version, "BT5R3-GNOME-32.iso" with MD5 aafff8ff5b71fdb6fccdded49a6541a0 and created an USB Disk.

Found my Wireless Card with : "iwconfig"

Put my wireless card on monitor mode with: "airmon-ng start wlan0"

Found the BSSID of my router that I want to crack. It is one Thomson DWG850-4B. I set up its configuration to WPA2, Cipher: CCMP, Authentication: PSK.
    I first tried to use "airodump-ng wlan0" but it didn't work, and than I tried "airodump-ng mon0" which worked out and I was able to see my router BSSID.

Once I checked that I could see my router, I sent: "reaver -i mon0 -b BSSID -vv".
    It is important to mention that I'm not conected to the internet trough my wireless router. My notebook doesn't have it's connection on it.

I received the following messages:

[+] Waiting for Beacon from bssid
    [+] Switching mon0 to channel 11
    [+] Associated with bssid (ESSID: xxxxxxx)

I left the computer for over 12 hours runing, but nothing was showing on the screen.

Than, I decided to open another command windows and sent instruction "airodump-ng mon0". I was trying to see if I was still able to see my router, when I realized that with this other screen running, the previous one strart working and issuing the following informations:

[+] Trying Pin 12345670
    [+] Sending EAPOL START Request
    [+] Receiving identity request
    [+] Sending identity response
    [+] Receiving identity request
    [+] Sending identity response
    [!] WARNING: Receive timeout ocurred
    [+] Sending WSC NACK
    [!] WPS Transaction failed (code: 0x02), re-trying last pin

. . .

[!] WARNING: 10 failed connection in a row

And re-start again with same Pin, 12345670.

It is in this loop.

Weard, because reaver is working only with another command windows running "airodump-ng mon0" and doesn't leave this PIN.

What should I do from this point ?

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Reaver not working and/or in loop

i have got the same problem. I read that is probably we had problems with the driver adapter. i´ve got iwlwifi in my intel 5100. I want to install iwlagn but i don´t know to do it. Which adapter and driver do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by rsavassi View Post
    Be happy that it will take someone with some knowledge of wireless networking and WPS authentication to actually break into your wifi that way... Or disable WPS on the router (if possible).

As for the "getting reaver to work" standpoint. I'd say a lot more research on how WPS authentication works and wireless networking in general.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by rsavassi View Post
    I registered just to answer your question!

I hate it when people reply and don't help with the situation. ><

I would make sure that your wireless interface is supported. The easiest way to see if it is supported and WOULD work is type in your command and add --pin 1234567890 where 1234567890 is your psk and see if it works for you.

Just burned his ISO

Hi pwn2ownz. First of all, thank you for your help. It really mean for us beginners. I had been traveling and couldn't access this forum. On your reply you just didn't mentioned the command, would it br "reaver -i moninterface -b bssid -vv -pin xxxxxxxxxx" ? I just don't want to try something wrong and mess up everithing. Best regards.

Just burned their ISO

yeah i had the same problem the first time i tried reaver it was stuck on that first pin but then i decided to kill all the processes that might be interfering with airmon-ng with the command "airmon-ng check kill" and it worked after that! let me know if it works

Very good friend of the forum maverik35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pwn2ownz View Post
    I registered just to answer your question!

I hate it when people reply and don't help with the situation. ><

I would make sure that your wireless interface is supported. The easiest way to see if it is supported and WOULD work is type in your command and add --pin 1234567890 where 1234567890 is your psk and see if it works for you.
    Well, let me tell you something:
    1. I totally agree with you as to support to wifi device, Actually, I posted that.
    2. The beginners section, is for people who do not have experience using BT5, BUT NOT linux...And you will find several people trying to get a "Tell me excatly how and what to do, step by step", "I had never used linux"..There should be some linux and common sense background..

Some people do not, yes, do not want to understand that Linux is not windows, there must be some workaround sometimes..And to do that work around, you need some basic linux skills or knowledge...But people keeps asking over and over and over again without reading posts in the forums with same problems, reading the wiki, just copying and pasting without knowing what they are doing...

They do not even read the rules..So, if you registered to help, I invite you to to do so, and after some months, you will know: "How can people do not help"..

I used to think the same way you do, and after some quite time, I understood..

Luck.

Very good friend of the forum maverik35's Avatar

Please, be more specific as to the type of wifi card and chipset..Not all are supported to be in monitor mode..All app to audit wifi APs need to be set and inject in monitor mode..The driver should support monitor mode..

As far as I know, intel does not support monitor mode natively, unless the driver is patched...Please refer to aircrack-ng to see monitor mode support.

Luck

Just burned their ISO

What should I do from this point ?[/QUOTE]

You should try a different router, Is yours TKIP? By any chance?
    I found that routers with TKIP hang on the association and sometimes reaver doesnt even try any pins.
    Most house routers are WPA CCMP etc but businesses are more likely to be WPA TKIP etc and for some reason they dont always go.

Hope this helps

Just burned his ISO

Hi BorisTheBlade, I can see on with "airodump-ng mon0" been CCMP, but in reality, the router configuration is: SSID Disabled; Closed Network Open; WPA-PSK Enabled; WPA2-PSK Enabled; WPA/WPA2 Encryption : TKIP + AES; Group Key Rotation Interval 0. Is there a way around to get in with this configuration ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast