Thread: Compiling a new kernel for BT4 Final and keeping the system up to date

Hybrid View

Question Compiling a new kernel for BT4 Final and keeping the system up to date

Hi everyone!

First:

Is there way to update the kernel to 2.6.32.3 without breaking a lot of things inside the system? I would like to try it but I realy don't know if it is recomended...

Second:

What about the system been always up to date? Is this possible now in BT4F? If so how? is there a changelog from BT3 to BT4?

Many thanks in advance!

Default Re: Compiling a new kernel for BT4 Final and keeping the system up to date

The backtrack current kernel is usually the most optimal in terms of wireless drivers injection capabilities. If this is of no importance to you, you should first try installing a new kernel *longside* the existing backtrack kernel. Dont forget that many of the external backtrack drivers , nvidia (cuda), are compiled againt the current bt kernel, so those wont work either.

Default Re: Compiling a new kernel for BT4 Final and keeping the system up to date

Thank you.

Now I know the reason backtrack is done so.
    This means that new kernels don't support the injections anymore or less acurate? I though that would only depend on the .config file... very interesting.

anyway

thanks