I'm running BT5-R3. I'm trying to run hostapd, but I get the error "Could not set DTIM period for kernel driver" Several Google searches show that it's a known bug, and it's fixed in newer versions.

I downloaded hostapd-0.7.3 and hostapd-1.0. I extract them, copy the defconfig to .config, and run make. This is where I get a ton of errors with src/crypto/tls_openssl.c. Those errors can be found here, http://pastebin.com/ZpdUz6vV

Here's the last few lines of the errors:
../src/crypto/tls_openssl.c:2889: error: ‚tls_sess_sec_cb‚ undeclared (first use in this function)
../src/crypto/tls_openssl.c:2900: warning: implicit declaration of function ‚SSL_set_hello_extension_cb‚
../src/crypto/tls_openssl.c:2900: error: ‚struct tls_connection‚ has no member named ‚ssl‚
../src/crypto/tls_openssl.c:2900: error: ‚tls_hello_ext_cb‚ undeclared (first use in this function)
../src/crypto/tls_openssl.c:2906: error: ‚struct tls_connection‚ has no member named ‚ssl‚
../src/crypto/tls_openssl.c:2915: error: ‚struct tls_connection‚ has no member named ‚ssl‚
make: *** [../src/crypto/tls_openssl.o] Error 1

I've searched around for a solution, but haven't found anything that works. Has anyone experienced this problem and know of a fix?

Thanks!