Thread: BT 5 R3 don't booting from USB

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy BT 5 R3 don't booting from USB

Hello everyone. I am a beginner in linux and i wanted to install BT 5 R3 to my USB for using it on notebook. I have installed it as described (unetbootin) and when i rebooting my notebook, i choose boot from USB and see black screen with "_" blinking. USB blue light is blinking, but nothing booted. It can last the whole day without loading. The same situation on my home pc and friend's Lenovo notebook. Please help me to know what does it linked with. But i'm don't excluded the flash card defects yet, because I just bought it.
    I tried BT5R3-GNOME-64, BT5R3-KDE-64. Don't tried x32 beacuse i have 8Gb RAM. MD5 is checked after downloading ISO. I have burned both

Default Re: BT 5 R3 don't booting from USB

Tried another USB stick, or reinstalling BackTrack to the USB stick?

Just burned his ISO

Don't tried another Flash card, but tried to reinstall the same Iso's about 3 times each. Later I will try another flash card, I hope this can help me.
    p.s. Dr.web live cd, windows 7 install works correctly, that's why I think it's not the flash card's problem.

Just burned his ISO

Last time I encountered this was because I did not have USB booting as first in the bios listing. Did you make sure USB was #1 in the list? List time I had CD ROM then USB and then HD. When I moved USB to #1, worked fine.

Just burned his ISO

Problem still not solved.
    I've chosen USB as HDD, then I chosen USB as 1st boot device. This was done at 3 computers and i saw the same situation on each.
    Can it be linked with my chipset or other hardware?
    17.3" IRU Patriot 901, Intel Core i7 2670QM, 2.2Hhz, 8Gb, 750Gb, nVidia GeForce GT 630M - 1024 Mb

upd: just written BT5R3-GNOME-64 to another usb stick and saw the same situation on two notebooks and one pc.
    Last edited by kapnyxa; 09-19-2012 at 09:59 AM.

Just burned his ISO

what about others linux, like ubuntu or opensuse, is there a same problems like u wanted install backtrack ?

Just burned his ISO

I use BT5-GNOME64 on a USB. Works wonderfully. There are tons of applications out there that can install the ISO to a USB for you (yes lazy I know, but at least it always works!) I have a 16gb drive that i use yumi boot to install BT and several other ISO's to the USB drive. A quick google search for yumi boot will get you the application. Worth a shot in my opinion.

Just burned his ISO

devilnoe, i don't tried other linux. BT is my first linux.
    Yesterday I burned Win7 ISO to this USB stick with unetbootin and when i chosen in bios to boot from USB, I saw the same situation that was with BT! Then i reburned win7 ISO with ultraiso and it booted correctly. Later i will try to burn BT with ultraiso, i think it was the unetbootin problem.

Just burned his ISO

Problem solved! It was easier than i thought! I just burned USB with Ultraiso and it booted! Thanks to everyone who tried to help me!