Thread: sniffing MAC addresses from outside of network...

Just burned his ISO

Default sniffing MAC addresses from outside of network...

Hello, first, I know this is my first post, and this may end up in the idiots corner, I know, but just hear me out for a second, if you can't give me an answer at least point me in the right direction.

I allowed my friend next door to use my router, because he did not have a very good wireless card, and I got perfect signal even when it is at his house, but, then he decided to turn on MAC filtering, and I no longer have access to the router. I talked to him about it, so on and so forth, lets leave it at, he won't give me back the router, and he won't turn off the filtering. Thus, I am curious if it is possible to do something like sniff out his laptops wireless card MAC address without being able to connect to the network? if not, how do I go about taking control over my router again? mainly, he said if I can get internet from it and get into the network, he'll give it back.

I am not a total noob when it comes to linux in general, I, however, have never used bt2 before, I downloaded a iso a few minutes ago and am going to play with it in a little bit, see what I can do. but, like I said, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarnation View Post
    I allowed my friend next door to use my router, because he did not have a very good wireless card, and I got perfect signal even when it is at his house, but, then he decided to turn on MAC filtering, and I no longer have access to the router. I talked to him about it, so on and so forth, lets leave it at, he won't give me back the router, and he won't turn off the filtering.
    ~
    snip ~
    ~
    how do I go about taking control over my router again?
    Call the police, and prove to them it is yours, and you will get it back without having to ask us to tell you how to do something that could get you locked up.
    You have already been breaking your ISP's AUP and should count yourself lucky that this thread has not just been closed for that, without me giving you the advice I did.

I have told you what you need to do, and any further advice would be against the rules of this forum. So to protect this forum and it's members from getting involved in an illegal activity I am closing the thread.