Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: I'm starting College 8-27-07!!!

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by rfrdc View Post
    Congrats! Your unique abilities will be a large asset, but - remember that 90% of success is just showing up (to hack a woody allen quote). I would add 1) think out of the box unless you are taking an exam, 2) dont let the instructor know you are smarter than him/her 3) certs will get you further than skirts.
    While that particular statement may be true, just having a cert might get your foot in the door, but unless you have the knowledge to backup some of the more difficult interview questions, a cert is meaningless.

They may as well give out MCSE's as the prize in Cracker Jack boxes now.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by zarraza View Post
    Yeah i totally agree wit u, nowadays youth writes in internet slang and thats not rite. Most of the times i do kno how to spell words, but its just internet, just like u said. Youth uses short words, slang just to save time, write faster and be kool.
    Personally i been thinking about this issue and that i should start writing nicely, but it is hard to do when almost every single friend writes in crazy way.
    Slang to save time, and sound like an idiot, well that's just great. Instead of trying to save time and use unintelligible sentence structure, how about just learning the correct way to speak and type.

After all, it isn't hard to type over 80wpm if you just practice it a little bit.

Plus posts like yours in a tech forum just means that people generally won't take you for your word because after all, if you can't even write intelligently, what else could you possible know?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    , what else could you possible know?
    I know the inturwebs are a danjerus place. Peeple getin' hocked up like sasage. steelin persanel infomachin', credit cards a-steelin, it's like the whil'd west out dis-a-here agan.

In Soviet Russia, the Internet hacks YOU!
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Quote Originally Posted by rfrdc View Post
    3) certs will get you further than skirts.
    DON'T YOU BUY THAT!!!!!
    Ok, maybe he IS right, BUT some fun is REQUIRED. I mean.... till you get married you are not officially dead. (and some people even believe in life after death).

Sincerely,
    Trol

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

I've been to a few places where they wont even look at your resume' if you dont have certs. I know it's lame, and there's nothing better than good old fashion experience, but sometimes if you dont have the cert, they wont hire you.

At a different job we had a guy apply for a tech spot on the team. He didn't get hired because he didn't have his A+. He had his Mcse and Ccna, but no A+ so they didn't hire him. Anyone that has taken the A+ knows that it's to determine you know what a computer actually is.
    What is that?
    A motherboard.
    What is that?
    A stick of Ram.
    What is that?
    A coffee holder.
    Um no, that's a cdrom tray.
    Doh.

On the flip side, some people are good at memorizing and test taking. I was lucky to get into the field without anything. Then started picking up stuff along the way. I still want to get my Cwna, but it would be kind of tough knowing that I really dont do anything wirelessly for work. I just fiddle with it at home.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789