Thread: Problem 'unable To Get Ip' With Backtrack 5 R3 with atheros AR980 wireless card

Just burned his ISO

Default Problem 'unable To Get Ip' With Backtrack 5 R3 with atheros AR980 wireless card

When I try to connect to my router wirelessly via wicd I get unable to get ip. I have an atheros ar980 wireless internal card. I've tried setting a static ip and had no luck. I've also tried connecting via the command prompt and still hasn't worked. I've tried a few other things from other forums ive checked out too but still couldn't connect. My password is correct I've tried the different wep options and it makes no difference still the same result. I'm guessing it's some sort of driver issue however im far from an expert when it comes to these things so if there is some sort of commands I need to type to get it to work or install a specific package. And if there is a package or driver needed is there a place I can download it now from my other os being windows and then retrieve it on backtrack somehow. My router is set to mixed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. My wifi works fine when testing penetration on my own system in bt but it just won't connect via the manager.

Cheers

Default Re: Problem 'unable To Get Ip' With Backtrack 5 R3 with atheros AR980 wireless card

Could you post the commands and the output when trying to connect via cli?

Regards
    Great minds have purposes, others have wishes

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Problem 'unable To Get Ip' With Backtrack 5 R3 with atheros AR980 wireless card

what version of backtrack 5 are you using? make sure you use the latest version

try manually putting in your network settings for the wireless router... i have had to do this on occasion. Are you using a Virtual Machine (VM) like VirtuBox?

Very good friend of the forum maverik35's Avatar

Need to be more specific as to what commands are you using. Is your card being seen by the kernel?..Need more info to help you.

Just burned their ISO

Don't know if this posted the first time because my settings changed to Italian;
    Try recompiling the ath9k driver
    http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...ad.php?t=48596

Just burned his ISO

Did you tried ,setting up a static ip address for your wireless ssid?
    That can be easily done through wicd, by making a profile etc....!