Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Broadcom 4311 Does Work :D

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    This guy should feel like he won the lottery.Ive had nothing but bad luck with broadcom. Your lucky to connect to the internet as far as I'm concerned
    I have a Mini-PCI Broadcom that I put in this older Gateway, I retro-fitted antenna's that were pulled from a Compaq Presario into the display panel and I get excellent connectivity via it. But I wouldn't use it for anything else, but connecting.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I have a Mini-PCI Broadcom that I put in this older Gateway, I retro-fitted antenna's that were pulled from a Compaq Presario into the display panel and I get excellent connectivity via it. But I wouldn't use it for anything else, but connecting.
    --
    Oh, well when I'm using BT, I really don't really connect to the internet wirelessly. I'm not sure how to tell you the truth, so thats why I have an ethernet cable right by my side. I mean if I'm going to be using BT for a short time, it would be pointless to really download all that stuff to get my wireless working.

I really hope to hear other people getting their broadcom to work. It can't be just me being one of the lucky ones, because i'm not the kind of person with luck. Its always something goes wrong sorta thing with me :P

Just burned his ISO

Default bcm4318

Bcm4318 works fine for me, well thats depends on how you see at it, i can fake auth and inject, but not connect thats feels realy odd, well i dont need too do it.
    the vault, how manny packets per second can you inject whit your card?

Just burned his ISO

I have been using linux for about 6 years. Started Red Hat, then Fedora, now Kubuntu (Ubuntu with KDE instead of GNOME). Anyway, with previous kernel versions, there have been no bcm43xx support what so ever. I had to download ndiswrapper to get any internet to work. Kernel version 2.6.20 is the first to offer any type of support for Broadcom cards.

I seem to have a problem with it. I have not tried aircrack yet because I'm still trying to see whats wrong with my internet connectivity. I have "Excellent" signal strength (reported from KWifiManager), however, my connection is almost like dial-up. Google takes 34 seconds to load.

If anyone else has had this problem and a potential solution I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Also, could anyone suggest a good USB wireless device? What works good with aircrack and has good linux support. I've been researching and everyone rants on and on about atheros cards, however, I seem to have trouble finding that chipset for external use. Any points in the right direction would be appreciated. I'm looking to go completely linux (Down with Window$!), however, there are several set backs. This just happens to be one.

Thanks for any help!

DAN

Just burned his ISO

Default Broadcom 4306

Good info but depressing.

I have a Dell Inspiron 5150 with mini Broadcom 4306. I have followed XATAR's post in the tutorials verbatim many times, I tried the wireless assistant, I have pulled tips from other forums via google and I cannot get my card to connect via WEP.

Odd thing is if the network is open, I'm in like Flyn. Surfing the web anyway. But as soon as I set WEP back up, no luck. Using IWCONFIG all of my settings are there and are correct but when I go dhcpcd eth0 it fails to get any address.

If I go static I still cannot connect (which makes sense because I am apparently not validating onto the network).

Unless somebody has a rabbit to pull out I am going to the HCL and find a card that does work.

Thanks for all the good info in the forum.

Just burned his ISO

I have had several failure's with dhcp with BT. I know that Kubuntu works with ndiswrapper connecting via dhcp, however, it takes alot of tweaking. However, our network at my house is static and wep. I can connect to it, but this is the extremely slow connection I was talking about.

Although I think this is useless, I might try ndiswrapper and try an aircrack...i'll report back results!

Quote Originally Posted by dvlchd3 View Post
    I have been using linux for about 6 years. Started Red Hat, then Fedora, now Kubuntu (Ubuntu with KDE instead of GNOME). Anyway, with previous kernel versions, there have been no bcm43xx support what so ever. I had to download ndiswrapper to get any internet to work. Kernel version 2.6.20 is the first to offer any type of support for Broadcom cards.

I seem to have a problem with it. I have not tried aircrack yet because I'm still trying to see whats wrong with my internet connectivity. I have "Excellent" signal strength (reported from KWifiManager), however, my connection is almost like dial-up. Google takes 34 seconds to load.

If anyone else has had this problem and a potential solution I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Also, could anyone suggest a good USB wireless device? What works good with aircrack and has good linux support. I've been researching and everyone rants on and on about atheros cards, however, I seem to have trouble finding that chipset for external use. Any points in the right direction would be appreciated. I'm looking to go completely linux (Down with Window$!), however, there are several set backs. This just happens to be one.

Thanks for any help!

DAN
    i tried to use my bcm card in bt2 with the bcm43xx drivers once...while it can connect to an AP and surf the web it seems the speed is capped at 20KBps and there is no injection support. also the power in kismet was reported as -1. as for a good usb adapter, get the wusb54g from newegg. i think its $50 and has free shipping

Just burned his ISO

Look at man pages for iwconfig some of these settings may help with your speed and power.

Balding Parrot mentioned that he got the injection to work on a broadcom, look for his post on that.

Just burned his ISO

My bcm4318 does the job, can crack any of my wep, injection works flawlessly, I never had any problems since day 1. Bt3beta is gr8.

Or as a good alternative, I got it on ebay for $10 + $10 shipping refurbished. Worked great.

Quote Originally Posted by ats1080 View Post
    i tried to use my bcm card in bt2 with the bcm43xx drivers once...while it can connect to an AP and surf the web it seems the speed is capped at 20KBps and there is no injection support. also the power in kismet was reported as -1. as for a good usb adapter, get the wusb54g from newegg. i think its $50 and has free shipping

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast