Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Broadcom 4311 Does Work :D

Just burned his ISO

Talking Broadcom 4311 Does Work :D

This is for the topic thats in the "Wireless" forum with the post "Broadcom 4311 support in BT"

Since I just signed up, I can't post there right now, unless one of the lovely moderators or admins moves this post there.
    Anyway moving on.

I was going to go fork out some $$$ for a new wireless card until I downloaded BackTrack 2.0 and found out that the Broadcom 4311 does in fact work. Injection works completely. I hacked my network several times, I kinda make it a game, I have my family type in random things and I crack it. Iv also helped out a few family members recover there WEP keys because they like to throw all the info away when they get things and don't bother to read.

I have a Dell Inspiron E1405 Laptop with the broadcom 4311 chipset inside. So I would like to conclude that once again the 4311 does work, as for any others, I have no idea.

That's one of the strange things about the broadcom cards, whilst it works for one person it will fail miserably for someone else.

Looks like you are one of the few lucky ones.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by balding_parrot View Post
    That's one of the strange things about the broadcom cards, whilst it works for one person it will fail miserably for someone else.

Looks like you are one of the few lucky ones.
    ---
    What do you mean about I am one of the few lucky ones? So your saying other people with the Broadcom 4311 it does not work for them? I mean if I was able to get it working by default, why wouldn't anyone else. I mean, its all the same chipset right?

Quote Originally Posted by TheVault View Post
    ---
    What do you mean about I am one of the few lucky ones? So your saying other people with the Broadcom 4311 it does not work for them? I mean if I was able to get it working by default, why wouldn't anyone else. I mean, its all the same chipset right?
    That's why I said "strange"
    If you look through the forums, you will find far more people cannot get broadcom cards working than can.

Some people they work for, some people have trouble getting them to work, but the majority of people they just don't work no matter what they do.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by balding_parrot View Post
    That's why I said "strange"
    If you look through the forums, you will find far more people cannot get broadcom cards working than can.

Some people they work for, some people have trouble getting them to work, but the majority of people they just don't work no matter what they do.
    ---
    Ouch. I thought this post would be possibly an enlightenment for those who have the same card as me would give hope that they could possibly get theirs to work. Seems Broadcom is one of the few chipsets people hate I suppose.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by TheVault View Post
    ---
    Broadcom's are notoriously unstable in certain situations. They may connect fine to a wireless network, but doing anything outside of just plain connecting is bound to lead to unknown/undesirable results.

Ouch. I thought this post would be possibly an enlightenment for those who have the same card as me would give hope that they could possibly get theirs to work. Seems Broadcom is one of the few chipsets people hate I suppose.
    Broadcums suck the cum from dead donkey balls.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Broadcums suck the cum from dead donkey balls.
    Hmmm...... Nice turn of phrase there

Developer

This guy should feel like he won the lottery.Ive had nothing but bad luck with broadcom. Your lucky to connect to the internet as far as I'm concerned

Just burned his ISO

I have one Broadcom 4318, and I can connect, but I dont have a good signal, even when the AP is near of me.

Newer kernels gives support to broadcom, but unstable (4318). Maybe soon the support get better, while doesnt, my wireless card isnot so useful.

Good lucky.

Cya

Just burned his ISO

Whoa guys, such harsh words. Maybe posting this was such a bad idea. I was kinda hoping this post would give light to those owning a broadcom wireless card, but I can see now people are having nothing but problems.

Yeah, I guess you could say I am lucky. Sorry guys if this was a bad threat to start

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast