Edimax EW-8317USg in VMWare
Hello ppl, i need your expert help
I bought edimax ew-8317usg usb wlan adapter yesterday, backtrack recognizes it, monitor mode works fine, but when i do aireplay-ng -1 attack (aireplay-ng -1 0 -a 00:19:5B:03:40:BB -e Test) it just writes out:
16:36:07 Sending Authentication Request (Open System)
16:36:09 Sending Authentication Request (Open System)
16:36:21 Sending Authentication Request (Open System)
Attack was unsuccessful. Possible reasons:
* Perhaps MAC address filtering is enabled (NO)
* Check that the BSSID (-a option) is correct (YES)
* Try to change the number of packets (-o option) (tried with 1, 10, 100)
* The driver/card doesn't support injection (hmmmm?)
* This attack sometimes fails against some APs (tried on two, doubt its this)
* The card is not on the same channel (it is)
* You're too far... (i'm 20cm away lol)
Anyone has experience with this card (chipset under wmvare)? How to get this damn thing working as without auth i can't do any injection..
any help is appreciated! thank you
solved this problem! i was trying to do auth on my test ad-hoc network and that just doesnt work (i'm a n3wb ) later on i cracked it with 1 client connected and latest aircrack suite (aireply-ng -7)
have the next question, not related but i'll post here.
is cracking clientless ad-hoc network possible? the only client i see connected to pseudo ap is the network adapter where i started ad-hoc from (and that one doesnt generate any traffic obviously).
You'll have to fakeauth and then use an arp attack to generate traffic yourself I believe. But I'm not sure, I'm still pretty new to this.