This is going to be my first post here but ive looked for the answer and found nothing.

My enviroment is as follows:
Target box, macbook pro running snow leopard.(192.168.1.78)
Attacker Acer apire one running BT 5r3 with wireless network addapter (192.168.1.64).
both inside local network with 2wire router (192.168.1.254).

Im trying to do dns spoofing to redirect dns request (facebook) from target to local ip (192.168.1.64)

In my first attempts i used ettercap, y edited the etter.dns file as follows "*.facebook.com A 192.168.1.64" and then i run the command "ettercap -Tqi wlan1 -P dns_spoof -M arp /192.168.1.78/ /192.168.1.254/"
After that the verified that the man in the middle attack was working correctly as i could capture traffic between the target and the router.
However the dns spoof didnt work, target could enter facebook without trouble.

I rebooted the attacker computer with the native win7 and runned cain & abel. Started the sniffer, selected the target, modified the arp-dns, poisoned, and even though i got full routing the spoofing continued failing.

I switched machines making the apire one the target and booted my macbook with BT 5r3 live CD. did the same procedure and failed.

I seem to be unable to the the dns spoofing and i want to know why

So my question would be: What im i missing? What changes do i need to perform? do i need to modify my network settings?

Thank you all for your help.
I searched the forum for answer and even though there are several treads on this topic none addressed my problem as i seem to fail no matter what program (ettercap, c&a, dnsspoof, etc) i run.