Thread: AP sending data packets for "no-reason?"

Hybrid View

Default AP sending data packets for "no-reason?"

Hi all experts,

I'm figuring out why my router send these "mysterious data packets", even with no clients (wired or wireless) present.. Could someone take a look of this packet? The encryption at the time was wep-64. Router is a D-link 524. I was performing a fake auth at the same time. (No arps recieved, but thats another story, I think)

Thanks in advance,
    ExitOnly@

-----------------------------------------------------
    Learn to live, but live to learn, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by ExitOnly@ View Post
    Hi all experts,

I'm figuring out why my router send these "mysterious data packets", even with no clients (wired or wireless) present.. Could someone take a look of this packet? The encryption at the time was wep-64. Router is a D-link 524. I was performing a fake auth at the same time. (No arps recieved, but thats another story, I think)

Thanks in advance,
    I would guess from the very quick look that I gave it (it is very late, and I should have been in bed hours ago), that it is a discovery packet, do you get the same when not doing a fake auth.

Quote Originally Posted by balding_parrot View Post
    I would guess from the very quick look that I gave it (it is very late, and I should have been in bed hours ago), that it is a discovery packet, do you get the same when not doing a fake auth.
    Yes, even without fake auth. It happens every 15-25 minutes (donīt have the exact time, but itīs not random). 13 packages are sent when this happens.

p.s.
    Sorry to keep you wake after your bedtime
    ExitOnly@

-----------------------------------------------------
    Learn to live, but live to learn, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by ExitOnly@ View Post
    Yes, even without fake auth. It happens every 15-25 minutes (donīt have the exact time, but itīs not random). 13 packages are sent when this happens.

p.s.
    Sorry to keep you wake after your bedtime
    insomniac so it's nothing unusual

If it is regular then that makes me more convinced, it's just asking is there anybody out there.