Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Install problems

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    113

    Default Install problems

    I know this may be categorized as a windows forums type of question but since I installed bt I cannot install vista. I formatted 50 gigs nfts and tried installing vista on it but it said it could not install on any partitions. I tried formatting it with the actual vista live install cd and it still would not install. Suggestions?

  2. #2
    Jenkem Addict imported_wyze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -`Joseph`- View Post
    I know this may be categorized as a windows forums type of question but since I installed bt I cannot install vista. I formatted 50 gigs nfts and tried installing vista on it but it said it could not install on any partitions. I tried formatting it with the actual vista live install cd and it still would not install. Suggestions?
    When you say you formatted 50 gigs ntfs, is that a separate partition just for Vista or it is also the partition where BT is installed? Also what boot loader are you using and what is the configuration of it?

    I would say honestly you could just boot the live CD and reformat/repartition w/qtparted, install Vista and reinstall BT thereafter....

    HOW TO
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Any way I could create like a backup of my current bt install?

  4. #4
    Developer balding_parrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -`Joseph`- View Post
    Any way I could create like a backup of my current bt install?
    There are several backup methods that have been discussed recently.

    A quick search and they will turn up.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Could you possibly link me. I am horrible at searching. I searched for backup and found no threads for doing what I wanted to do. -_-

  6. #6
    Developer balding_parrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -`Joseph`- View Post
    Could you possibly link me. I am horrible at searching. I searched for backup and found no threads for doing what I wanted to do. -_-
    Try here here here or here or even here

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •