Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to create partition!!

I would boot from the cd
    login
    don't startx
    unmount all disks
    use fdisk to delete all the partitions
    use fdisk to make all the partitions
    then make all your file systems ( look in the dual boot transcript for info on this, it will also help you on the use of fdisk )

Just burned his ISO

Ok i did it...

I followed all the steps "dual boot transcript"... installation is sucessfull.
    But still have problem here!! i want to point one points which i get while installation . as in transcript
    Code:
    chroot /mnt/backtrack/ /bin/bash (returned /dev/pts/0: no such file or directory) 

I get different return here (returned /dev/pts/1: no such file or directory)
    and after editing lilo and lilo -v
    when i give the command for reboot "reboot"
    system doesnot reboot properly i dont know why. as i hit enter or return after typing reboot; system ( screen ) hangs and it freezed the screen after in seconds CD comes out. and i wait for reboot but it does not happens so i poweroff my laptop and tried to restart.
    when i restart i get lilo menu. and boot bracktrace2. (it works fine)
    but i think installation is not get properaly because backtrack still boots in physical memory, no swap memory is on. what should i do now.

Are you sure that your USB stick isn't corrupt...?
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Just burned his ISO

no i installed BT in my HDD this time!

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by SumeetJaiswal View Post
    Ok i did it...

I followed all the steps "dual boot transcript"... installation is sucessfull.
    But still have problem here!! i want to point one points which i get while installation . as in transcript
    Code:
    chroot /mnt/backtrack/ /bin/bash (returned /dev/pts/0: no such file or directory) 

I get different return here (returned /dev/pts/1: no such file or directory)
    and after editing lilo and lilo -v
    when i give the command for reboot "reboot"
    system doesnot reboot properly i dont know why. as i hit enter or return after typing reboot; system ( screen ) hangs and it freezed the screen after in seconds CD comes out. and i wait for reboot but it does not happens so i poweroff my laptop and tried to restart.
    when i restart i get lilo menu. and boot bracktrace2. (it works fine)
    but i think installation is not get properaly because backtrack still boots in physical memory, no swap memory is on. what should i do now.
    A common problem is people not chroot into their new partition properly

bt~#chroot /mnt/(name of the mounted parttion here ie.-sda3=bt2) /bin/bash

the next prompt shoult look like this bt~/ signifying that you are indeed in the root partition by showing "/"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12