Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BackTrack 5 R3 KDE 32 Update 12.04 Issue

Very good friend of the forum maverik35's Avatar

Default Re: BackTrack 5 R3 KDE 32 Update 12.04 Issue

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperXXXXX View Post
    hello
    I have been trying to update backtrack 5 r3 from lucid to 12.04.. not "why not" reason... I have a broadband connection.. from usb 3g
    huawei e327...
    and it doesn't detect it at all.. and ubuntu 12.04 does even 12.10..so I have to big question

#1-
    why there's no backtrack based on a newer ubuntu version like 12.04 or 12.10...?
    it doesn't support new tools..
    about network manager I managed to get a wired connection and installed network manager to get my 3G connection to work.. but it's is not updated..and it doesn't support the network in my country...
    #2-
    Can I have a tutoriel... on how to upgrade backtrack from 10.04 to 12.04.. coz I tried almost every thing and it failes to boot..
    and to where's the problem if backtrack cames with ubuntu 12.04 installed on it?
    thanx
    First, BT5 is "BASED", not "IS" lucid..It is BASED on lucid, or if you want to be more detailed, BASED on Debian, with a 3.2 kernel, their own "modded" drivers, their own repos and many app installed...

Second, if you want to use any Ubuntu distro , just download it, and modify the drivers for your wifi iface, install all possible app (aircrack-ng, apache, reaver, metasploit, SET, nmap, ettercap, JTR, sslstrip, etc).

I have my own Debian testing with many of those app.

The BT5 is not a "daily basis" OS...Is for pentesting....

I invite you to try installing all app in the OS of your taste...

By the way, I firmly belive that BT5 developers are focused on the Systems Security matters/issues, not in the "looks", "how colorfull" and "just one click" features.

Luck.
    Last edited by maverik35; 01-09-2013 at 12:01 PM.

Just burned their ISO

Smile Re: BackTrack 5 R3 KDE 32 Update 12.04 Issue

Listen. I'm sure you **thought** that was a well-thought out question. But in all seriousness, I had to join this forum JUST NOW for the SOLE PURPOSE of telling you-- it was, in fact, a question that made my head explode and fragment into a million pieces, then melt in a raging inferno of confounded ignorance. So I will begin by answering all of your questions in one fell moment of awesomeness:

**** IF YOU HAVE TO ASK ABOUT HOW TO INSTALL/USE UBUNTU OR BACKTRACK--You should not be using it. Backtrack, while fun, is for pentesting, and there's this really cool thing under your System options that I believe almost everyone has, and if you don't have it you can DL it from the software center, called your 'Update Manager', in one form or another. And at the top of that awesome little thing, is your Ubuntu upgrade. If you can't use BT, then I suggest you hurry up and press that button. Quickly. And--For the record: BT5 R3 is IS FOR PENTESTING, which means it is NOT for daily use the way Ubuntu is meant and designed for. It was built based on the platform that has allowed all of us to gratefully carry on our work in the most effective and silent way possible. That's why there's no BT based on an updated version of Ubuntu, and it DOES support 'new' tools--just not the 'tools' you want it to support.****

I refuse to further spend time on this issue, although I have to admit to myself that when I saw the Ubuntu 12.04.1 upgrade I kinda stared at it in puzzlement for a moment, as I had just myself finished working out some bugs upgrading BT5R3. I just kinda had to shake my head for a moment and laugh and vow that BT would never trick me again, lollers

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by NafaiAngel View Post
    Listen. I'm sure you **thought** that was a well-thought out question. But in all seriousness, I had to join this forum JUST NOW for the SOLE PURPOSE of telling you-- it was, in fact, a question that made my head explode and fragment into a million pieces, then melt in a raging inferno of confounded ignorance. So I will begin by answering all of your questions in one fell moment of awesomeness:

**** IF YOU HAVE TO ASK ABOUT HOW TO INSTALL/USE UBUNTU OR BACKTRACK--You should not be using it. Backtrack, while fun, is for pentesting, and there's this really cool thing under your System options that I believe almost everyone has, and if you don't have it you can DL it from the software center, called your 'Update Manager', in one form or another. And at the top of that awesome little thing, is your Ubuntu upgrade. If you can't use BT, then I suggest you hurry up and press that button. Quickly. And--For the record: BT5 R3 is IS FOR PENTESTING, which means it is NOT for daily use the way Ubuntu is meant and designed for. It was built based on the platform that has allowed all of us to gratefully carry on our work in the most effective and silent way possible. That's why there's no BT based on an updated version of Ubuntu, and it DOES support 'new' tools--just not the 'tools' you want it to support.****

I refuse to further spend time on this issue, although I have to admit to myself that when I saw the Ubuntu 12.04.1 upgrade I kinda stared at it in puzzlement for a moment, as I had just myself finished working out some bugs upgrading BT5R3. I just kinda had to shake my head for a moment and laugh and vow that BT would never trick me again, lollers
    Did you even read the complete thread? You are mixing me up with the OP. My "well thought out question had nothing to do with the BS on this thread. I posted a question concerning updating and metasploit, on the general forums, and got banned for life for spam. You and I are complete agreement about the stupidity of this thread, which was my point. I get banned for spam, and this gets posted. RTFT.

Just burned their ISO

hi lam facing a problem in login coz l update my backtrack5 to 14.0.4 on a vmware 8 so the root and toor are not working what is the new usename and passward for login???

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by memoadnan View Post
    hi lam facing a problem in login coz l update my backtrack5 to 14.0.4 on a vmware 8 so the root and toor are not working what is the new usename and passward for login???
    you just did a huge mistake, the only solution is reinstall Backtrack. And remember never update to LTS 14

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12