Thread: Large wordlist support (64bit)

Just burned his ISO

Default Large wordlist support (64bit)

Does the "64bit backtrack r3 5" supports larger wordlist than 2gb? (32bit variation does not support larger wordlist than 2gb) or do i have to split my wordlist again. (15gb wordlist)

Default Re: Large wordlist support (64bit)

You could try it and see.
    It's not Backtrack that has the wordlist limit. It's whatever program you're using in conjunction with the wordlist that has the limit. I'd look into that.

Moderated Member

Quote Originally Posted by daedalus1776 View Post
    You could try it and see.
    It's not Backtrack that has the wordlist limit. It's whatever program you're using in conjunction with the wordlist that has the limit. I'd look into that.
    Am I missing something? Neither should have an issue. The reason people typically dont use large wordlists is simply because they extend beyond the available space. For example... on most VM's people set aside around 20 or 30 gb meaning that the 33gb wordlist wont fit on the VM, let alone other files, or desired programs. When people partition they try to use as little space as possible (for dual booting), and those that do not dual boot usually have enough space. I dont think it has anything to do with a program (neither BT, or a program).

Ive generated 11TB set consiting of 100gig files then compressed works out to around 3TB compresseed generated using crunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl4cks4b3r View Post
    Am I missing something? Neither should have an issue. The reason people typically dont use large wordlists is simply because they extend beyond the available space. For example... on most VM's people set aside around 20 or 30 gb meaning that the 33gb wordlist wont fit on the VM, let alone other files, or desired programs. When people partition they try to use as little space as possible (for dual booting), and those that do not dual boot usually have enough space. I dont think it has anything to do with a program (neither BT, or a program).
    Unless of course he IS using a really big file and he HAS set aside a lot of space for BT... And he IS using a program that has a 2gig limit... There's a lot we can speculate on, but until zvenne123 provides more information, there's nothing anyone can really do.

Quote Originally Posted by dwjs1974 View Post
    Ive generated 11TB set consiting of 100gig files then compressed works out to around 3TB compresseed generated using crunch.
    You know Crunch can pipe it's outputs to almost all cracking programs right?

And I don't get where people think that AirCrack-ng has a limit on 2GB, since I've ran through wordlist on 36GB and it hasn't complained.
    But, if you do have problems with too big wordlists, the "split" command in Linux is very helpful.