Thread: Easy-Creds Confusion

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Easy-Creds Confusion

I have searched for this topic and could not find anything about it, within the last 2 years. I have finally downloaded/ installed BT5 R3 and wanted to try out some other tools I had not previously used. One of them being Easy-Creds, so far I can broadcast my AP but cannot connect to it.
    I have done apt-get update/upgrade/dist-upgrade/dhcp3-server upgrade, as well as update all options within the program. I have edited my etter.conf file (value=0) in both areas, taken out the "#" under the linux portion, and set my tunnel interface to "at0".
    I believe I am doing something wrong with how I make my ip tables, but if I'm connecting to a new AP, shouldn't my AP distribute the IP's I specify?
    My table is 192.168.0.0/24 (standard) with the dns as 8.8.8.8 (standard). I can see my other computer trying to join in the Easy-Creds interface, but still can't actually join the network.
    Any ideas? Or should I give up and move on? I'm on day 3 of trying to get this to work, my frustration has grown into just ready to give up.

Default Re: Easy-Creds Confusion

Hi Fetus,

I would recommend you look at Easy-Creds and understand what it does and more importantly how does it do it, after which try each step out at a time and see which one might cause a fail.
    A lot of programs depend on your actual environment so without understanding how the program works it is very hard to troubleshoot if it fails.
    Back|track giving machine guns to monkeys since 2007 !

Do not read the Wiki, most your questions will not be answered there !
    Do not take a look at the: Forum Rules !

Default Re: Easy-Creds Confusion

Fetus,

svn up aircrack. Airbase-ng has an old bug that if you haven't updated will cause the very issue you are stating. I just ran into it getting easy-creds running on the pwn plug. Once I updated to the last nightly build (2204) worked like a champ.

I only know this because Mister_X told me a long time ago ;-)

Thanks
    J0hnnyBrav0