Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Is this forum dying?

Default Re: Is this forum dying?

@diviney
    Props for giving back to the community.

I don't have a ton of time but if you want someone to review your posts and fix typos etc lemme know. I don't mind doing that kinda stuff.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Very good friend of the forum TAPE's Avatar

@diviney
    Awesome blog and great way to give a start to those wanting to try out BackTrack.
    I must admit that I myself plunged head first into linux with backtrack, which although not the recommended thing
    to do, with a lot of google and sparingly asked queries, I feel I got a grasp of the basics.

Your blog will help a lot of people get started and reduce the repeated queries on basics.

Perhaps correct the spelling on the main title
    Backtrack from begginer to advanced == Backtrack from beginner to advanced.

@deviney
    Great blog! Keep the good work.

From now on if your blog contains the questioned topic, I'll point them there.
    Last edited by erhardm; 09-11-2012 at 07:35 PM.
    Great minds have purposes, others have wishes

Thanks guys for the postive feedback

Am only getting 20 hits a day to the blog, I thought there would be alot more people looking to learn but aslong as am helping a few people am happy.

YES! I have awful spelling and it is very shameful

I have two suggestions for your blog:
    1. Assuming english is not your native language, try to find someone who's interested in editing the blog's posts. I'm not trying to offend you, I'm not a native english speaker either and find it sometimes hard, not having too much grammar knowledge, to write something that native speakers would read.
    2. To avoid doing the same tutorials everytime a new version of Backtrack comes out(with its own quircks), focus more on the *nix philosophy how to solve the basic tasks/problems.

As you may have noticed, we were discussing the situation that there's a lot of questions that are about basic tasks/problems and it's rarely known where new users evolve from that level. Most questions were already answered on the Ubuntu forum, only it happens the resolutions have "Ubuntu" and not "Backtrack" name attached to them and lacking *nix way of thinking will make users only learn by hard the tutorials, but never really learn.

Don't worry about the page hits, just keep the good work and they will increase.

Regards
    Last edited by erhardm; 09-16-2012 at 02:35 PM.
    Great minds have purposes, others have wishes

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    @diviney
    Props for giving back to the community.

I don't have a ton of time but if you want someone to review your posts and fix typos etc lemme know. I don't mind doing that kinda stuff.
    I too don't have a ton of time, but I'd be willing to help out and share the load, if you're interested Deviney.

May be worth starting a new thread Deviney, with the blog link (I thought you had done that, but I can't find it. And yes, I did use the search button!). That will give a fixed reference for people to make suggestions. Could even be made a sticky, or added to the wiki?

If you keep the momentum up and produce something of value, then the traffic is certain to build in time. Don't be discouraged.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345