Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acer AO 756-877 netbook - moderate compatibility issues

Just burned their ISO

Default Re: Acer AO 756-877 netbook - moderate compatibility issues

Hey ndrwgn, thanks for replying!

You're right, the screenshot doesn't show the issue. I didn't check the image before posting it and now I see it shows a normal screen, which is not how it looks in reality. Here's another screenshot, and apologies for the crappy picture but this is the only way I can show how the screen truly looks:

IMG_0295.jpg

As you can see, the scroll bar is stuck a little bit to the right of its original position on the screen. This is what I ment by the screen being "shifted right". I've been doing some research and it seems that this isn't an uncommon problem with ubuntu users, at it's most likely related to the display drivers. I'll keep reading and I'll post the solution if I manage to fix the issue.

Thanks.

Just burned their ISO

Hmm... I've only seen that after you've connected it to an external monitor. Do you have compiz installed? I use kde, so I haven't seen this issue using the fixes above; did you install the sandybridge drivers? I'm assuming intel graphics....

Just burned their ISO

OBTW, kali is out, and it seems to work fine; you might want to just skip bt...

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by ndrwgn View Post
    Hmm... I've only seen that after you've connected it to an external monitor. Do you have compiz installed? I use kde, so I haven't seen this issue using the fixes above; did you install the sandybridge drivers? I'm assuming intel graphics....
    This bug doesn't seem to affect kde for what I've read. I haven't been able to fix it even after the sandy bridge/ intel drivers installation and I was getting ready to do a full BT5 reinstall using kde.. but then I read your post, downloaded kali, installed it and so far everything works like a charm except from the brightness control. Network interfaces, graphic acceleration and the trackpad they all work just fine; it's enough to get to work so I think I'll skip the BT5 issue and stick to kali instead.

Thanks again man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12