Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: -=Xploitz=- VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"

Thanks for the video,

Great to see easy-enough videos, that have still a lot of educational content (a lot of info).. I think it's good to see, that even wpa is very vulnerable with a weak passphrase (I have one with upper/lowercase letters, numbers and special symbols also have to try non-printable characters too)
    ExitOnly@

-----------------------------------------------------
    Learn to live, but live to learn, eh?

Mr. -=Xploitz=- Sir, once again you are the man!

This is my first time diving into airolib; I've had some experience with cowpatty, but I do have one question...

I've got an 81mb dictionary that is still batching as I type this. I know that you said in the tut to start with a small dictionary, but by the time I actually skipped fwd to that part, I was 3212 seconds into the batch...

Given that it's going to take quite some time 'IF' all goes well with the db setup, is it really worth it to use one fairly large dictionary file as opposed to using this process for multiple smaller dictionaries?
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Quote Originally Posted by swc666 View Post
    I've got an 81mb dictionary that is still batching as I type this. I know that you said in the tut to start with a small dictionary, but by the time I actually skipped fwd to that part, I was 3212 seconds into the batch...
    I have not tried this with anything but a very small test dictionary so far, but would be interested to know what size the database is after processing that dictionary. It would also be of interest to know how many words it has.

That is if you don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by balding_parrot View Post
    I have not tried this with anything but a very small test dictionary so far, but would be interested to know what size the database is after processing that dictionary. It would also be of interest to know how many words it has.

That is if you don't mind.
    Well, like an idiot I didn't plug my power cord into my Sony, so while outside smoking a cigarette it shutdown on me I restarted the process and it's still batching.... going to bed here in a few so I'll let it run as long as it needs to. I'm getting 77/PMk's... everytime that I think that its finished (i.e. "77 PMK/s, 0 in buffer" I get excited... then it reloads the buffer with another 250,000.

Right now I have this: Computed 750000 PMK in 9610 seconds (77 PMKs/s, 0 in buffer).... I suspect the buffer will be reloaded with more PMK's.

I'll post my results here tomorrow with the final tally....

Thanks for the Module b_p! I know that will help out with a lot of confusion wit sqllite and aircrack-dev.

@ swc666

The reason I said to do a small dictionary is because I want you to get comfortable with airolib and databases..and making them error free. It's EXTREMELY frustrating if your just starting out and you load a HUGE dictionary like you just used..and after its done precomputing..theres an error. ALL THAT TIME WASTED! My first run at this was with a 1,000,000 wordlist that took hours to complete...and there was an error in my ssidlist.txt ...THAT DAMN DOT WAS THE CULPRIT!!! But does airolib know its not suppose to have the dot?? NO. It thinks its part of the essid's name! So start with a very small dictionary...under a meg..just to make sure your doing this right. I'd hate to see you go through all this and have just a single error that renders your database useless..and then see you give up out of frustration. But seeing how you have already consumed all that electricity and time and hope into it..I wish you luck!

Remember..start small..and build up from there.
    And that LARGE DICTIONARY TAKE HOURS TO PROCESS!! But only seconds when the airolibs databases are used with aircrack-ng.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Default Update...

Wow...

So this morning, I wake up in a rush to goto work and I have:

Computed 1900000 PMK in 26762 seconds (70 PMK/s, 100000 in buffer)

...didn't have time to let it run further. The bad news, somehow my ac adapter for my Sony went out on me and I had to get an iGo universal charger from Radio Shack ..... $130+ later, I get back and verify the DB and it randomly looks good...

Next, I type in 'thepassword' for my key on my router, connect with my HP notebook, capture the handshake and get aircrack running with '-r myDB' option... 42 seconds later, aircrack spits me out the passphrase like it was no sweat for it at all!!!

Since I didn't verify the entire DB (did the random 10K check), I decide that 1) I have a decent DB and 2) I want to know how many keys I actually have, so I do a quick copy/paste of a 50 something mixed symbols/charater/numbers/etc phrase and 1:37 seconds later, aircrack falls flat on its face, after searching 1,924,537 keys averaging 19,000 kps (as high as 23,000 I think and as low as 16,000); in any case... HELLA FAST on my 1.2ghz UMPC w/1gb of RAM!

So to answer your question balding_parrot, my grand total for this DB is:

Keys: 1,924,537(english/some spanish/some german)
    DB Size: 276.4MB

And once again, rolling out the red carpet again to shake the virtual hand of Sir --=Xploitz=-- for turbo-charging my knowledge of how to set up an airolib db to crack my wpa key roughly 300 times faster than had done before!!!

This weekend I'm going to try to let the batch run all the way with my 81mb dictionary and see what happens...

Thanks for that,

With some very quick rough, calculations done in my head based on your figures, taking into account the difference in speed of our computers.
    Using my dictionary the database would easily be at least 30GB and would take about a week and a half to compute

Guess I had better break that dictionary up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by balding_parrot View Post
    Thanks for that,

With some quick, calculations based on your figures, taking into account the difference in speed of our computers.
    Using my dictionary the database would be at least 30GB and would take about a week and a half to compute

Guess I had better break that dictionary up a bit.
    I agree... I was thinking of cross compiling an all english dictionary with numbers/etc, but I'm not sure how much further I want to go exactly with pushing the 'WPA cracking envelope'; my main interest in jumping into this was to get a better understanding for my own knowledge of realistic cracking capabilities of WPA in the interests of hardening wireless (and I STILL do not use my wifi at home for anything but pentesting!)

At the same time, given my track record I can be compulsive with things and I joke now at the idea of taking a dual xeon server I have and turn the raid setup into a huge DB after compiling an insane dictionary: I'd probably wind up trying to go further and further with it, turning my entire house into a supercomputer in some obsessive mission to create a DB to crack any key ... it would be interesting, but that would be waaaay too over the top with no real practicality....

Just burned his ISO

hmmm it appears my post didn't show up, i guess i shouldn't hammer out a reply before running off after hitting post reply.

Thanks a lot for the video, it was great fun creating a db and hammering my AP. Also thanks for the chopchop video as well, i was never too sure how to use that attack.
    If I get the time i should load Linux onto my PS3 and see if that gets any real gain in computing the DB.

I'm running BT2 from CD
    Once I've downloaded the SQL Module from rapidshare, what do I do with it?

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast