Thread: Airdump-ng help

Just burned his ISO

Default Airdump-ng help

Hi i have a netgear WAG511 network card and have downloaded the drivers to use with aircrack-NG for windows XP.
    I am having a problem where if i use aerodump-ng it gives me the card as 17 so i select my card then do the rest of the options and select only save IV's.
    It runs on Athello card on option a but will not save the packets it finds only make the folder test in the bin area which i said to save too.
    If i use the option o for card type it captures the data iv's but doesnt give me the BSSID bit on bottom whilst capturing.
    I have also noticed that the card still connects to my normal internet so i dont think it is going into monitor mode. It flashes from 1 green to the other and back constantly.
    I have reinstalled win XP to see if it would cure the problem and have tried reinstalling different versions of Aircrack but still have the same fault.
    Can anyone help me on how to sort this problem out please.
    Or can someone send me information on how to check card to see if its in monitor mode under windows XP.
    Thankyou.

This is a support forum for BackTrack which is a slax bassed linux distribution.
    This is not a support forum for windows.

As this has nothing at all to do with BackTrack you are asking it in the wrong forum.

Quote Originally Posted by killer173 View Post
    Hi i have a netgear WAG511 network card and have downloaded the drivers to use with aircrack-NG for windows XP.
    I am having a problem where if i use aerodump-ng it gives me the card as 17 so i select my card then do the rest of the options and select only save IV's.
    It runs on Athello card on option a but will not save the packets it finds only make the folder test in the bin area which i said to save too.
    If i use the option o for card type it captures the data iv's but doesnt give me the BSSID bit on bottom whilst capturing.
    I have also noticed that the card still connects to my normal internet so i dont think it is going into monitor mode. It flashes from 1 green to the other and back constantly.
    I have reinstalled win XP to see if it would cure the problem and have tried reinstalling different versions of Aircrack but still have the same fault.
    Can anyone help me on how to sort this problem out please.
    Or can someone send me information on how to check card to see if its in monitor mode under windows XP.
    Thankyou.
    Check out the aircrack-ng forums for help with aircrack-ng in Windows.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";