Thread: Question regarding Senao NL-2511CD PLUS EXT2(SUPER) card

Default Question regarding Senao NL-2511CD PLUS EXT2(SUPER) card

Ok I've had this card for awhile Windows recognizes it as a Prism 2.5 card... but Backtrack for some reason loads the Hermes drivers... kinda confusing. also when I do RFmon and try to lock into a certain channel when I run Airodump even when I tell it to only watch one channel it still captures every single channel. This is confusing as hell to Me.
    Also packet injection only appears to work intermittently for Me... I'm not even sure it is working all in all I am confused as all hell any help would be appreciated....

The cards FCC ID is nI3-2511CD-PLUS3

Have a look here

Once again, the Wiki saves the day.

(hey, I even made that particular entry!)
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Default module adjustment

The wiki guidance on workable cards is fine but additionally it might help you to know that to exclusively use hostap over all others:

pccardctl eject
    rmmod orinoco_cs
    rmmod orinoco
    rmmod hermes
    modprobe hostap_cs
    pccardctl insert
    Lux sit

Default thanx

So essentially you are saying that everytime i start backtrack i have to manually deinstall the drivers and reinstall them as the proper ones... well i guess it could be worse

Also i have another wifi card a Compaq WL110. Supposidly its the Hermes chipset but i cant seem to get it to work right in backtrack... it wont even load in kismet at all. it just errors out every time i try.
    i have done searches for the specific card but its only listed in someone elses post asking if he should buy it.
    FCC ID: IMRWLPCE24H

Quote Originally Posted by wesmagyar View Post
    So essentially you are saying that everytime i start backtrack i have to manually deinstall the drivers and reinstall them as the proper ones... well i guess it could be worse

Also i have another wifi card a Compaq WL110. Supposidly its the Hermes chipset but i cant seem to get it to work right in backtrack... it wont even load in kismet at all. it just errors out every time i try.
    i have done searches for the specific card but its only listed in someone elses post asking if he should buy it.
    FCC ID: IMRWLPCE24H
    If live CD you have to mannually enter each time you load. If USB or hdd install then you can blacklist or make a script.
    Μολὼν λαβέ - Great spirits encounter heavy opposition from mediocre minds.

Default heh

yeah, sadly the only usb drive i have that would be big enough is an ipod... i dont think that would work

Just burned his ISO

I had problems navigating the net with the Hermes drivers, so I used airdriver-ng to completely remove the prism drivers. Of course, you can remove the prism drivers manually, but airdriver made a good job .

Now I'm using hostap with my 2511CD and the navigation is much better than before, only need to wait until the injection issue is fixed.

I really need a way to launch a script to start the hostap driver within the desktop icon...