Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BackTrack 3 core testing - We need your HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by kunseh View Post
    I know I'm a little late in offering my help... But as they say - "better late than never"..!!!

Cheers!
    The list is already closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by muts View Post
    Thanks to all the people who signed up. a mail with instructions was sent. Please read this mail carefully and follow the instructions.

Cheers,

Muts
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Default Acx100

at the risk of sounding like a "special person" and a total newbie are there any other people testing the BT3 base with an ACX"nnn" card/driver getting a dmesg with the following:

"requesting firmware image 'tiacx100c0D'
    acx: firmware image 'tiacx100c0D' was not provided. Check your hotplug scripts
    requesting firmware image 'tiacx100'
    acx: firmware image 'tiacx100' was not provided. Check your hotplug scripts
    acx: reset_dev() FAILED
    ACPI: PCI interrupt for device 0000:07:00.0 disabled
    acx_pci: probe of 0000:07:00.0 failed with error -5"

i've tried my best to get around this and not plague the fellow tester/members with these questions assuming that there was a simple fix and i spent a few hours D/Ling and googling the acx project, but i just can't seem to get the card up. again i'm sorry. i really want to help the project out, and testing is about the only thing i can afford to do.
    open source = open minds, human knowledge belongs to the world

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

i bet it's an irq probem.........

try this at boot time

boot : bt irqpoll
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Default no boot option?

there must be something incredibly simple that i'm missing, but... when i reboot with the BT3 live cd, it brings me to a grayish/white screen with two options "run backtrack" or "run memtest" selecting the first eventually brings me to the "bt login" and then "password" then i'm at "bt~" if i'm not mistaken an irqpoll will not work at this point so i rebooted and hit the tab button at the gray screen which gives me the lines..
    " /boot/vmlinuz vga=769 max_loop=255 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw"

so i tried tacking on the line "boot= bt irqpoll", still no dice. also just as an after thought it occurs to me that the sound is also inoperable, not sure if this would be related to the irq or not, but hopefully the more information the better. as always thanks for the help so far and any future help. i very much appreciate it and hope that i can get the card up soon so i can send in a finished injection/ misc report.
    peace
    open source = open minds, human knowledge belongs to the world

bcktrckv2

Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post
    so you are not in tester team, because testing session have begun today we have all received link for dl...so you will have to wait

hay. can you pass me the link? I am just kiding. really, can you pass the dl link?

Quote Originally Posted by bcktrckv2 View Post
    hay. can you pass me the link? I am just kiding. really, can you pass the dl link?
    "dontask" is (#1) Don't ask when BT3 will be released, or (#2) No, you cant be a beta tester!, or (#3) If you should ask the wrong person, you will be flamed!, or (#4) also Don't ask how beta-testing is going, or (#5) basically, don't continue over this subject or you're risking a kick"
    Μολὼν λαβέ - Great spirits encounter heavy opposition from mediocre minds.

crweedon,

Are you using a usb card with the acx100 driver?

If so, then copy the file: /lib/firmware/ACX100_USB.bin to tiacx100usbc0D, in that same directory.

bcktrckv2

Arrow A, AHo

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieFire View Post
    "dontask" is (#1) Don't ask when BT3 will be released, or (#2) No, you cant be a beta tester!, or (#3) If you should ask the wrong person, you will be flamed!, or (#4) also Don't ask how beta-testing is going, or (#5) basically, don't continue over this subject or you're risking a kick"
    HO, look who is talking, a senior member. If I really use my ability, I will come to the root of your computer and take the BT3.
    "risking a kick" of what? of the WEB? or lose my internet connection?

but the bad news I have recently read is that backtrack (and the related distros) is no longer legal in germany.

Developer

HO, look who is talking, a senior member. If I really use my ability, I will come to the root of your computer and take the BT3.

but the bad news I have recently read is that backtrack (and the related distros) is no longer legal in germany.
    What a jackass . you sound like some lame ass script kiddie that learned how to installl a netbios trojan and now you think your a l33thaxor. you probably have a thread on how to change your boot screen somewhere. Its attitudes like yours that make me wish remote exploit was a private club. I bet you couldn't hack your way out of a wet paper bag. Plus you made a threat about a illegal activity on a public forum that is monitored by the fbi.how l33t

Looks to me like you need to grow up and lose that attitude, that is not the kind of threat or talk that we tolerate on this forum.

Take this as your one and only warning.

Edit:

On second thoughts, I don't think just a warning is sufficient for such a threat, and total disrespect of a respected member of this community.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast