Thread: Backtrack 5 R3 Live Cd - blank screen after startx (Intel Graphics)

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Backtrack 5 R3 Live Cd - blank screen after startx (Intel Graphics)

Hello,

I´m trying to run Backtrack 5 R3 from the live CD (x32, GNOME), in my Toshiba Satellite L505 with Intel HD graphics. But after i run "startx" the screen goes blank and the Caps Lock key starts blinking.

I've tried the same CD in another laptop and that problem doesn't occur.

Is there anyway i can solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Backtrack 5 R3 Live Cd - blank screen after startx (Intel Graphics)

Just burned his ISO

Thought this was my problems solution here, nope same thing for me with ATI radeon and didnt help.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by N2KMaster View Post
    Thought this was my problems solution here, nope same thing for me with ATI radeon and didnt help.
    I have a mostly newer laptops but I just pulled out my old L505D a few days ago to see how she would do with a full install of bt5 r3... Haven't used it much as of late because it likes to heat up...

Anyways I was able to take care of the heat buy shutting off the cpu thrasher monkey they put in the bios...

Just telling you in case you have the same issue...

Now that you are good and frustrated cause I haven't answered your question

I'll try to point you in the right direction.

The L505D and others similar in that time frame of production had a jacked half ass ACPI

Its a boot issue and more than I want to get into but if you hit the tab button as you boot into the menu'
    you could try adding these one at a time on about the second line up from the bottom.

this first I think specifically addressed your issue NOMODESET if that doesn't work then try NOAPIC
    and then NOLAPIC and last ACPI=OFF, the reason I say last is because its the one that can potentially fix your problem but may cause others.
    If one or a combination work you need to remember to set them in your grub otherwise you'll need to keep redoing them.

And just because I'm tired I leave you a link to my best friend to put you on the right path...

https://www.google.com/search?q=noapic#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=noapic+ubuntu&oq=noapic+ubuntu&gs_l=serp.3... 8735.11442.0.13042.7.7.0.0.0.0.2159.2159.9-1.1.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.80Y2LCp5a2U&pbx=1&bav=on.2, or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=5152c89e77ba6c4a&biw=1000&bi h=550

Just burned their ISO

getting the same problem on my hcl me xite l55 laptop.
    i have installed the distro on my laptop and have been able to successfully install my rtl8191se wireless adapter on the system.
    but after an update using
    Code:
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get dist-upgrade
    reboot
    i am not able to start x on version 3.2.6
    i am currently running 2.6.38 with x
    but in 3.2.6 i get a black screen of death when i start x
    how do i resolve it?
    thaks in advance