Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Issues: Wardriving: Tether iPhone with BT5 R2 -> kismet to receive gps signal

Just burned their ISO

Default Re: Issues: Wardriving: Tether iPhone with BT5 R2 -> kismet to receive gps signal

I have been looking for some solutions for this with my iPhone. I'm very new to Kismet. I ran across this:

http://www.capsicumdreams.com/iphone/gps2ip/

Has anyone tried it?

Default Re: Issues: Wardriving: Tether iPhone with BT5 R2 -> kismet to receive gps signal

Quote Originally Posted by lavajumper View Post
    I have been looking for some solutions for this with my iPhone. I'm very new to Kismet. I ran across this:

http://www.capsicumdreams.com/iphone/gps2ip/
    Good find. I will give it a go and if succeed I will report back.
    Thanks

Just burned their ISO

Have you seen this? Third post...

http://skidhacker.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=822

Just burned their ISO

Got it going via an app called ShareGPS on Android.
    No rooting.

BT5 R3

Through USB tethering since Blueman is broken in BT5 R3 I guess.

Install adb on Backtrack from android-sdk.
    Pentest -> Reverse Engineering -> android-sdk would open SDK manager.
    Install the first two options there, tools and platform tools and add them to your path, the tools directory first followed by platform-tools. (No need to grab any droid images from SDK Manager, not needed.)

Install ShareGPS on droid, go to its settings, disable bluetooth toggle, enable USB toggle. Enable Create NMEA, though should work without that as well. Enable GPS on droid, go to ShareGPS, click Menu and Start GPS play button. It should now show your coordinates and a few other things.

After installation on Android, search for ShareGPS on google.
    A sharedroid.jillybunch.com site would help you grab a tarball to create automatic udev rules for your droid USB after running install.sh. Its intuitive and will let you know what to do. It would also load adb_gps_usb.sh script in /usr/local/bin
    Restart udev service to reload the rules for your droid and move ahead.

Inside the extracted tarball, you will find a folder called files. Inside it, the helper file is pretty useless.

In a new terminal, run adb_gps_usb.sh start. That would run from /usr/local/bin
    If it does not, you first got to find why since that aint in my scope.
    Do not close this terminal.

In another terminal, run netstat -anp with grep to find if adb and gpsd have been started.
    If not, let me know the error.

Run Kismet and go through the skidhacker video to see what to do in Kismet.
    If GPSd is working correctly, you can follow the video till the end and locate/bang/rip your area's routers. Google how to put Google Earth in top down view mode and enjoy.
    If Kismet does not connect to GPS yet, get your debugging powers in full throttle.

Check back at the terminal where you ran adb_gps_usb start
    If you get an ncat connection refused error, it is probably a machine issue but easily resolved. Open adb_gps_usb.sh from /usr/local/bin, find where is ncat command run, and in its parameters, change localhost to 127.0.0.1. Restart everything and try again.
    If still not logging gps data in kismet, open adb_gps_usb.sh in gedit, go through it and look for logging fields probably somewhere in /tmp folder.
    See those logs.
    If still no errors, you can go out of the orbit or get back here.

Would have worked exactly like skidhacker's video had blueman been working properly but it fails to create a serial port on trusted devices and also gives an error on sending or receiving files.

And USB charges your droid along as well, so you get a double winner there, while bluetooth would suck its juices.

Remember to restart things after changes and to see logs for errors and you will be through.

Now go wardriving, will you...
    Last edited by anantinfosys; 03-15-2013 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Missed a space between netstat and -anp earlier.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123