Thread: bt5 live dvd does not run

Just burned their ISO

Default bt5 live dvd does not run

Hi everybody. I am in desperate need of some help here. My system configuration is Intel core 2 duo processor P8600 2.4GHz(2 CPUs) and I have a 2GB RAM. I downloaded an image of BT5 r2 from the official site. After the download I also verified the hash code of the download using the tool, HashCalc, mentioned on the official site and the hash code generated perfectly matched the one given on the official site.
    The file type of the image downloaded is "elby.VCDMount.1" and not ".iso". Then I wanted to make a live dvd using this image. So i used Nero to burn this file on the disc. I used Nero's "burn image" option to do this. The burn process was also completed succesfully.
    Now when I try to use this burnt DVD as a live DVD for BT 5, it does not get started. After a few seconds of the blinking prompt Windows starts booting up again. I have checked my BIOS to ensure that my first boot device is the CD-ROM. And the ROM works perfectly fine because if I try using a live Knoppix CD it works very well and fine.
    Please help , i really don't understand where am i going wrong. Thanks in advance.

Just burned their ISO

Cool Re: bt5 live dvd does not run

Ok fellas. Here it is. Finally i found the solution to my problem. Hope it helps the others as well stuck in some similar kinda situation. Everything was perfectly done.. except for the burning part. I used Nero to burn the image, and burn was successful as well. But what i failed to realize was that although Nero burnt the image properly but it was actually not able to recognize the image format. So I downloaded Power ISO, a free ware, and used it to burn the image on a new DVD.... aaanddd voila... it was done. And this time when i tried rebooting my system with this newly burnt Live DVD, it ran pretty well. :B

Default Re: bt5 live dvd does not run

Quote Originally Posted by chourasia View Post
    The file type of the image downloaded is "elby.VCDMount.1" and not ".iso".
    It sounds like you've burnt a file to a disk, not mounted an iso to a disk. Have you googled "elby.VCDMount.1"? Have you opened the disk in explorer to view its contents? Is there more than one file on the disk?