Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: db_autopwn postgres db_create issues

Just burned his ISO

Ok.....I give up..........
    I tried everything......and just doesnot work.
    I never had a problem using postgres and autopwn on a live cd.
    I did a real install on my hd and I cant get it..

When I try to start-db_autopawn I get
    Code:
    bt framework3 # ./start-db_autopwn
    initdb: error while loading shared libraries: libz.so.1: cannot open shared object file: Permission denied
    pg_ctl: error while loading shared libraries: libz.so.1: cannot open shared object file: Permission denied
    I try to create a user as suggested by Delusr but just postgres dont run to create the user.
    If I try
    Code:
    bt framework3 # start-db_autopwn; sudo -s
    pg_ctl: error while loading shared libraries: libz.so.1: cannot open shared object file: Permission denied
    [**************************************************************][*] Postgres should be setup now. To run db_autopwn, please:[*] # su - postgres[*] # cd /pentest/exploits/framework3
    {*] # ./msfconsole[*] msf> load db_postgres
    [**************************************************************]
    bt framework3 #
    again the same....

I thing I am missing something here......

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

ninja
    in metasploit kmenu.....
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post
    ninja
    in metasploit kmenu.....
    clever.....!! I like the old fashion some times......

I thing I Found the problem.....
    after the setup of Mozilla_Thunderbird_EN_2_0_0_6 the postgres has permisions issues..so ..
    Before the install everything is perfect.
    Just after the install............

Code:
    bt framework3 # ./start-db_autopwn
    sudo: unable to execute /usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb: Permission denied
    sudo: unable to execute /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl: Permission denied
    And runing the ninja...
    Code:
    sudo: unable to execute /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl: Permission denied
    [**************************************************************][*] Postgres should be setup now. To run db_autopwn, please:[*] # su - postgres[*] # cd /pentest/exploits/framework3
    [**************************************************************]
    sudo: unable to execute /usr/bin/pwnsauce: Permission denied
    Any clue..????

Just burned his ISO

Default autopwn help

Ok this is my first post so don't go easy on me :-)

I have read every post and blog reference I could find on the topic. I thought I finally had autopwn working. I am working on a fresh copy of Backtrack installed on the hard disk. Did all the updating from the blog.metasploit.com/2006/09/metasploit-30-automated-exploitation] and followed all the tips on the forum.

It seems like when I run the ./start-db_autopwn the metasploit3 folder in the /home/postgres does not get created. This is more than likely something stupid that I am missing given that it is midnight on Saturday. Please Help, Thanks in Advance

/usr/bin/start-db_autopwn: line 3: 18583 Segmentation fault sudo -u postgres initdb /home/postgres/metasploit3 2>/dev/null
    [************************************************** ************][*] Postgres should be setup now. To run db_autopwn, please:[*] # su - postgres[*] # cd /pentest/exploits/framework3
    [************************************************** ************]
    bt framework3 #

Just burned his ISO

just bumping it up, as still frustrated. Again any help would be most appreciated

Just burned his ISO

Probably out of the question, but can you write a way to do this in windows? I get the last parts, but most of the early commands don't work in a windows environment, which makes the ones in metasploit not work either.

Quote Originally Posted by chimera15 View Post
    Probably out of the question, but can you write a way to do this in windows? I get the last parts, but most of the early commands don't work in a windows environment, which makes the ones in metasploit not work either.
    That would be a no. This isn't the place for Windows based support, sorry.

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Just burned his ISO

Default Metasploit - issues with Fast-Track/postgress.......

I am using BT3 final with the USB persistent changes features. I updated Metasploit to 3.3 and Nmap to 5.0. I keep having problem running fast-track. I followed Deluser's procedure and along with some other's published in this forum but to no avail. I would appreciate any suggestions to rectify my problem. It works fine if I boot into KDE. There are lots of very talented people on this forum.

bt ~ # cd /pentest/exploits/framework3
    bt framework3 # svn update; sudo -s
    bash: start-db_autopwn: command not found
    bt framework3 # ./msfconsole

msf > load db_postgres
    [-]
    [-] The functionality previously provided by this plugin has been
    [-] integrated into the core command set. Use the new 'db_driver'
    [-] command to use a database driver other than sqlite3 (which
    [-] is now the default). All of the old commands are the same.
    [-]
    [-] Failed to load plugin from /pentest/exploits/framework3/plugins/db_postgreseprecated plugin

I keep getting these messages:

bt ~ # start-db_autopwn; sudo -s
    -bash: start-db_autopwn: command not found

msf > db_Nmap
    [-] Unknown command: db_Nmap

bt ~ # gem install postgres
    ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::RemoteSourceException)
    HTTP Response 403

Kind regards

Developer

those commands are outdated. All you have to do now is load the database and it uses whichever is there and then run the autopwn command
    msf > db_create pentest[*] Creating a new database instance...[*] Successfully connected to the database[*] File: pentest
    msf > db_autopwn -p -t -e 192.168.1.0/24 [*] Analysis completed in 4 seconds (0 vulns / 0 refs)[*] [*] ================================================== ==============================[*] Matching Exploit Modules[*] ================================================== ==============================[*] ================================================== ==============================[*] [*] [*] The autopwn command has completed with 0 sessions

msf >

Just burned his ISO

Default Metasploit - issues with Fast-Track/postgres.....

Thankspureh@te. I tried your suggestion and some how I am still getting errors. I am doing something wrong:

msf > db_create pentest[*] Creating a new database instance...
    [-] Error while running command db_create: Failed to connect to the database: undefined method `connection_pool' for ActiveRecord::Base:Class

Call stack:
    /pentest/exploits/framework3/lib/msf/ui/console/command_dispatcher/db.rb:1111:in `db_create_sqlite3'
    /pentest/exploits/framework3/lib/msf/ui/console/command_dispatcher/db.rb:969:in `send'
    /pentest/exploits/framework3/lib/msf/ui/console/command_dispatcher/db.rb:969:in `cmd_db_create'
    /pentest/exploits/framework3/lib/rex/ui/text/dispatcher_shell.rb:235:in `send'
    /pentest/exploits/framework3/lib/rex/ui/text/dispatcher_shell.rb:235:in `run_command'
    /pentest/exploits/framework3/lib/rex/ui/text/dispatcher_shell.rb:197:in `run_single'
    /pentest/exploits/framework3/lib/rex/ui/text/dispatcher_shell.rb:192:in `each'
    /pentest/exploits/framework3/lib/rex/ui/text/dispatcher_shell.rb:192:in `run_single'
    /pentest/exploits/framework3/lib/rex/ui/text/shell.rb:144:in `run'
    ./msfconsole:92
    msf > db_autopwn -p -t -e 192.168.1.1/24
    [-] Unknown command: db_autopwn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12