I am grasping the concepts of the beacon frame. Now, I am working my way through the probe request and probe response frames, since I am guessing this is the next step in an eventual communication line. Lets take a scenario.

A is my AP
B is my connected laptop to my AP
C is my laptop, but I have just turned it on and it is not yet connected to my AP
D is a neighborhood AP
E and F are neighborhood laptops which are either connected or not to their own AP's

Question 1
The AP's [A and D] are continously sending out beacon frames. To synchonise their own home networks and at the same time giving information to whomever is out there, no matter if there are laptops in the area or not. Correct?

Question 2
Both my laptops [B and C] are sending out probe requests. My laptop B is sending out probe requests even though it is already connected to my network, because it is checking to see if other AP's are out there. My laptop C is sending out probe requests because it is looking for possible AP's to connect to. Correct?

Question 3
My AP [A] will, because of the probe requests, send out probe responses. In this case, it will send out probe responses to my laptop C, which is not connected to any AP and to the neighboorhood laptops E and F. Even though E and F are connected or not connected to their own AP's. Correct?

Question 4 (stuck)
Is my AP sending out probe responses to my laptop B which is connected to it? My laptop is still sending out probe requests to see what is out there, (in broadcast?), but since my AP has it connected, my AP is not sending probe responses to it. Though it is sending out probe requests to the neighboorhood laptops. Correct?

Question 5 (stuck)
Is my laptops, both the connected one and the not connected one, sending out probe requests to spesific AP's? The one's that is it receiving beacons from? Or is it just sending out probe requests like an AP is sending out beacons? And would there be a difference in the probe request depending on if the AP's are hidden or not. I am just thinking that the probe request is broadcast if the AP SSID is not known, but a specific request if the AP SSID is known?

[I am in the beginning stages of using Wireshark to learn this, together with its display filters.] Any help in clarifying this is much appreciated.

hashes