Thread: Problems with wifi

Just burned his ISO

Default Problems with wifi

Hello world!
    I have problem with running wifi connection on BT5 32 Gnome on VMWare. I have usb wifi (Belkin F7D1101 V1). I installed ndiswrapper and graphical interface for it, installed windows drivers under wine and installed them in ndiswrapper (which supports this model). And problem is in running it. wicd shows that there is no wifi around, but there at least 5 with strong signal. Please help me solving this problem.
    ps if you need any logs or screenshots let me know, cause I dont know which to include here

Just burned their ISO

Default Re: Problems with wifi

seder,
    I installed ndiswrapper and graphical interface for it, installed windows drivers under wine and installed them in ndiswrapper (which supports this model).
    Did you check to see if it worked before you installed ndiswrapper and the windows drivers? Here are a few things to check:
    Make sure you enabled the USB device through VMware (VM > Removable Devices > USB > your USB wifi adapter)
    If that doesn't work open the terminal and observe the output of
    Code:
    airmon-ng
    airdriver-ng detect
    If you are still having issues you will have to supply more information but just check the basics for now. If your problem persists please post the output of the following commands. This will help diagnose the issue.
    Code:
    lsusb
    dmesg | tail
    iwconfig

Just burned his ISO

Well, yes, it can see the card which is shown in vmware tray.

The screenshot of output of airmon-ng and airdriver-ng:
    BT5.jpg

Very good friend of the forum maverik35's Avatar

Your chipset is not supported by aircrack-ng...Please, do not look for some miracle..Sorry....

The airdriver is telling you the chipset...This chipset is not in devices supported by aircrack-ng, it will not work in aircrack.

Please refer here: http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?...st_card_to_buy

One thing is aircrack-ng suite and another the OS under which is running (BT5)...If BT5 tells you that they provide a patched driver aditional to those working with aircrack, then it will work..But as far as I know, they are base upon the aircrack chipset database.

Now, again, if you want to use BT5, for just auditting wifi, you are wasting the potential of BT...It is like buying a F1 car to go to the Walmar at the next corner..?????????

With your chipset, you can use beini, google it....There is a beini version for all realtek chipset versions rtl81xx (including 8188)...And it has the Graphical interface 100%..For all people comming from windows enviroment. It is a modded version of aircrack, with all attacks, but all in graphical mode. Download the live cd.

I rather use the console and BT4r2...The Cream of the crop....

Although you can use the rest of BT5, since it does not need monitor mode or at least the aplications which do not use "monitor mode"....

Luck....
    Last edited by maverik35; 07-10-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Just burned his ISO

Well, the best fight is prevented fight.
    I dont want to use aircrack on BT5, your comparsion to F1 is correct, I can use aircrack on Iphone. I want to install it as 2nd OS and discover it as much as possible, but before I do that I want to test it on VM because there is no point installing it without knowlege how it works and how to configure it. So I want to configure it and test on VM before installing as 2nd OS.

PS I will use Ettercap, Wireshark, Metalspoit, etc. Since I can't use wired connection I need to learn how to set up wifi there and that's why I'm here. Cheers

Just burned his ISO

Well, I dont want to use BT5 just for aircrack. I need to discover it as much as possible on VM before installing as 2nd OS. So what about setting up wifi to work?

Just burned his ISO

Experts,
    I have a similar problem, i have VM installed on windows and running BT5 R2 on VM. BT does not detects the wireless card, the card is Dell wireless 802.11 b/g/n. I searched a little bit and found that this card is not supported by BT. I need to know what is the best alternative. And if i had to buy a USB wireless card which should i choose. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    nm