Thread: Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2200

Hybrid View

Default Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2200

Whats more to say. No functionality at all, not even visible

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2200

Whats more to say. No functionality at all, not even visible
    well what you should be doing is mentioning your effort's to solve it and adding information !!!!! damn that's just lazy you fail at failing for not even trying or specifying that you have tried !!!!

did you try asking the magical wifi fairy's to solve it ????

1 ) did you check is the firmware loading ,DRIVERS etc etc
    2 ) what computer you have ? desktop, laptop or Peewee PC ....
    3 ) did you try blacklisting dependent on your machine it maybe be a module conflict problem
    4 ) spend some time problem solving and exhaust all options and efforts before moaning
    5 ) Did you try unblocking your wifi using rfkill [ is your computer wifi switched on by a switch or by key press [ these are things you need to check ] simple stuff but people over look it sounds stupid but it happens when it comes to linux they are to use to windows spoon-feeding them and expecting windows to sort everything out for them !!! This is linux WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD !!!!!
    6 ) POST INFO ON YOUR efforts using grep,modprobe etc etc and so on and so fourth to discover what is loading and what is not * when posting info only post valid info regarding your wifi not the compete kernel log *

"Try and fail, but don't fail to try."

responses will always be a lot different i.e pleasant, when you actually show you are trying and the help will me made a lot easier
    for the community as information is key to solving any problem in linux. the community can not READ MINDS !!!!!!

r083rt

Just burned his ISO

i had the same problem. I'm running an intel centrino-N 2230 and couldn't get the card recognized. Seemed to fix it now.

1. download appropriate iwlwifi-#### package (look up the specific one for your card, i used the iwlwifi-2030-6.)
    2. unpack and move the .ucode in /lib/firmware/
    3. restart.
    4. set up manually or through wicd.

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by stabbMasterArson View Post
    4. set up manually or through wicd.
    What?

I'm running Backtrack and also have an intel 2200n wireless card.

I'm pretty new to linux and I cant get this card to do anything. I downloaded the iwlw and put it in the folder, then some forums said I needed to install this 80211 thing for it to work. It opened in the mounted kind of thing on the desktop and I couldn't cd into it, so i copied the contents to the desktop. Then I cd'd into the folder and typed "make" because there was a makefile in the dir. It gave me error 172 I think. Something about permissions maybe?

I'm just lost because I got the drivers into the right folder and all of these forums keep talking about kernels and drivers and modules.

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceZombieBingo View Post
    What?

I'm running Backtrack and also have an intel 2200n wireless card.

I'm pretty new to linux and I cant get this card to do anything. I downloaded the iwlw and put it in the folder, then some forums said I needed to install this 80211 thing for it to work. It opened in the mounted kind of thing on the desktop and I couldn't cd into it, so i copied the contents to the desktop. Then I cd'd into the folder and typed "make" because there was a makefile in the dir. It gave me error 172 I think. Something about permissions maybe?

I'm just lost because I got the drivers into the right folder and all of these forums keep talking about kernels and drivers and modules.
    Hello,

I am facing the same problem too..
    I installed BT5 r2 32bits in the hard drive and I can't get the my wireless card (Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2200) to work.
    I found this link where you can download the intell linux drivers http://intellinuxwireless.org/?p=iwlwifi but if you pay close attention to
    the section "Using kernels 2.6.24 and up " it says:

These kernels have the iwlwifi driver included and the released drivers (available from this site under download page) do not work with these kernels

Well, running the command uname -r i found out my kernel is 2.6.38

So my question is... what must I do to get my wireless working propertly?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by spiralni; 12-26-2012 at 05:34 PM. Reason: I had some misspelled words

Just burned their ISO

Thumbs up Re: Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2200

Good morning,

Yesterday, finally, I could find a solution to my problem

I did as follows:

1. As I had no internet at all, and the only way I connect to internet is via wifi I installed the package firmware-iwlwifi_0.36_all.deb
    which can be downloaded here http://packages.debian.org/sid/all/f...lwifi/download

In order to install it I wrote
    Code:
    dpkg -i --force-all firmware-iwlwifi_0.36_all.deb
    in the terminal.
    After it finished I was able to see my wireless card (
    Code:
    iwconfig
    ) and navigate in internet!!

2. But the problem raised when I wanted to see my card with
    Code:
    airmon-ng
    , it displayed nothing!
    So, reading in the internet I found that I could install the compat-wireless drivers and that was what I did and
    now everything works find for me.

In order to install the compat-wireless_3.6_stable_releases, please follow the instructions sets in
    http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?...table_releases.

More info can be found here http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Download

I hope it could help more people with similar problems.

Thanks