Thread: How can i triple boot xp, (k)ubuntu and backtrack?

Just burned his ISO

Default How can i triple boot xp, (k)ubuntu and backtrack?

Okay after a few days searching over the forum, i can easily find some tuts on dual booting xp with backtrack and also tuts on dual booting ubuntu with backtrack.

Xp was the first OS i use that i currently only run for some games, Whereas my kubuntu with gnome environment installed is my current main os.

My question here is since i am using a usb modem, i can't connect to the net using the livecd, as it requires the OS to save the modem's driver's stuffs which cannot be done in a livecd. This makes me to have to install backtrack on the hard drive.(correct me if i'm wrong)

Whether i can connect to the net via modem dial up or not using the livecd, i still want to know the ways to triple boot cp, ubuntu and backtrack. I would like to know stuffs like is sharing SWAP partition between ubuntu and backtrack be possible? Since i still consider myself as newbie in these kind of stuffs, i hope someone experienced in this forum would help me before i started my noob attempts, messed things up and caused fatal error on my xp and ubuntu.

Any helps and suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Developer

yes it can be done and yes the same swap can be used and yes there was a tutorial just a few days ago on this very subject. if you can't find that the tutorials you did find and some common sense should gete you started. really all you have to do is install backtrack on the third parttion and configure grub which you should already be using to load backtrack.