Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 26 characters wpa/wpa2-psk wordlist

Default Re: 26 characters wpa/wpa2-psk wordlist

Quote Originally Posted by str4ng3r View Post
    Oh i see.
    I tried that with my wireless network password also. Used crunch to generate and directly feed (into pyrit, but you can do that with aircrack too) a bunch of passwords with a static prefix. But, since the variable part was so humungous i quit trying to break it... it would take this processor (Dothan 2GHz) about a year... and remember, that i had defined a static prefix. If not... probably we could be talking in the range of thousands of years.

Info on crunch: https://code.google.com/p/crunch/
    huh!? its bad. so are you trying to say that thiers no way to hack WPA2-PSK 128bit encryption having 26 characters password? or lets just say "Impossible"?

then how could that happen having a lot of tutorials cracking WPA/WPA2 in thier way?

It's not impossible. However brute-forcing a lengthy password (and, I suppose, a bit complex), like you're trying to do, is a very time consuming task.
    In the end all comes to how much time and computing power do you have.

Very good friend of the forum TAPE's Avatar

A tutorial is just that, most are based on breaking a weak dictionary password or an 8 letter passphrase.

If you have a 26 random character password, you are pretty safe..

Thats why focussing wordlists and trying to establish patterns in passphrases is such an important
    part of preparing the 'attack' .

Moderated Member

Quote Originally Posted by str4ng3r View Post
    It's not impossible. However brute-forcing a lengthy password (and, I suppose, a bit complex), like you're trying to do, is a very time consuming task.
    In the end all comes to how much time and computing power do you have.
    And space... Again-- HackPack's APWG can give you every possible outcome for 26 chars, you just need to have around 400 gigs for the wordlist.

Usually those who produce video tutorials that show you a wpa password being cracked, already know the password (the videos is done using their network as attack subject) and insert it in the middle of a small wordlist. That's why it's fast. But hey, they are doing it right, because it's only for demonstration purposes.

The real world however is a bit different. You'll only be able to crack in a timely manner passwords that are weak, e.g: Small, known sequences (abcdef... or 1234...), etc.

And like TAPE said, preparation for the attack is probably the most important bit of it all. Just like with girls and foreplay...

Quote Originally Posted by Magnet0 View Post
    thanks for the replies guys. but it would be better if thiers a way having that without size conflict?

yup it is only 26 characters, i know that because it is my own password, im only trying to hack it having for some experience.
    First please checkout this helpful image from theoatmeal: http://s3.amazonaws.com/theoatmeal-i...ling/their.png

Second yes it would be great if there was a way to do what you want without having the size issue. One way to do this is not to save the pass-phrases as they're generated and pump them straight into whatever your cracking app is (stdout to stdin). However, this kind of breaks the paradigm, the whole point of generating a stored dictionary is that you can save time and not have to generate it as time of use.

Lastly, if you're simply trying to prove to yourself that you can crack a password set a short one, the steps for getting past it are basically the same whether long or short. There's nothing additional to be proven or learned from simply doing what you're try to do with a long passphrase....
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Moderated Member

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    First please checkout this helpful image from theoatmeal: http://s3.amazonaws.com/theoatmeal-i...ling/their.png

Second yes it would be great if there was a way to do what you want without having the size issue. One way to do this is not to save the pass-phrases as they're generated and pump them straight into whatever your cracking app is (stdout to stdin). However, this kind of breaks the paradigm, the whole point of generating a stored dictionary is that you can save time and not have to generate it as time of use.

Lastly, if you're simply trying to prove to yourself that you can crack a password set a short one, the steps for getting past it are basically the same whether long or short. There's nothing additional to be proven or learned from simply doing what you're try to do with a long passphrase....
    They're their own style over there. Ha, but in all seriousness did you resolve your issue that was posted? Also, (and I realize I am referring to my toolkit again) HackPack saves all handshakes so that you can crack them at a later time or grab them as suggested by Thorin and use them in a different cracker. I would suggest using aircrack though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12