Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WPA/ WPA2 crack not working

Just burned his ISO

Default WPA/ WPA2 crack not working

Hi friends,
    I know this ques had been discussed a lot. but I am not able to get solution to it, so I decided to ask for help.
    I am trying to crack password of my wifi(WPA), I followed each and every step but only got failure every time. my wireless card is TP Link tl-wn350g(802.11b/g adapter). I also have a 13gb WPA-PSK wordlist. My wifi is working fine when I manually connect.

First I am not able to get any "#Data" or IVs, if by any chance some IVs increase then there are "no valid handshakes".

Note:- I tried the same with backtrack live cd and linux mint 9(installed)

Default Re: WPA/ WPA2 crack not working

I would suggest you try to get a better understanding on how WPA cracking actually works.
    There are some good tutorials on aircrack.
    Back|track giving machine guns to monkeys since 2007 !

Do not read the Wiki, most your questions will not be answered there !
    Do not take a look at the: Forum Rules !

Yes, you're doing it wrong. That's for sure.
    There are some good tutorials on youtube (if you're more visual...).
    Aircrack site is also a very good information source.
    It's not possible to not be failing in some middle step and come out with no results... at least you should be getting a "No passphrase found" or a message like that.
    Beware that aircrack only supports up to 2GB wordlists... you can use split command to break that 13GB mammoth in 1,5GB archives.
    Another tip... big wordlists are no sure-fire against WPA.

Does AirCrack only accept 2GB wordlists? Something must be wrong, because it accept my lists which are 5GB+ :-P

Quote Originally Posted by stepking2 View Post
    Does AirCrack only accept 2GB wordlists? Something must be wrong, because it accept my lists which are 5GB+ :-P
    It seems it depends on the OS you're using (I'm on a 32bit OS).
    More info here: http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...l=1#post201269

Just burned his ISO

Hi Thanks for your response.
    I am trying very hard to get to the solution, watched tutorials, read "aircrack-ng.org" documents, etc. but can't figure out where I am wrong. I have also replaced my wifi lan card with new USB adapter(atheros 9k chipset). But still no solution.

Note:- As no IVs were generating so I manually connect the wifi for few seconds to get some IVs and got handshakes, after that it worked very nicely. I know its wrong, I just wanted to check the working of aircrack command and to see after handshakes and all does it even work or not!

Still no solution, don't know where I am wrong. I think Hardware is compatible, commands are right, dictionary is good,etc But no IVs and handshake

Default 回覆: WPA/ WPA2 crack not working

@sheerdll,

I think you need to read this http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...ad.php?t=50119

Samiux

Very good friend of the forum TAPE's Avatar

Well first of all it sounds like you are not following the correct tutorials ..

Honestly, if you googled for guides on how to crack WPA and looked through the various blogs
    out there, its hard to believe you would not be able to find a clear guide..

Also, a key to getting sensible answers is to provide clear and sensible information
    on what you have tried.
    SO ;
    Give clear advice on the commands you have tried
    Last edited by TAPE; 06-30-2012 at 04:50 PM.

Moderated Member

Quote Originally Posted by TAPE View Post
    Well first of all it sounds like you are not following the correct tutorials ..

Honestly, if you googled for guides on how to crack WPA and looked through the various blogs
    out there, its hard to believe you would not be able to find a clear guide..

Also, a key to getting sensible answers is to provide clear and sensible information
    on what you have tried.
    SO ;
    Give clear advice on the commands you have tried
    I would agree with this ^^.

Also, when you do your airmon-ng, do any interfaces show up? If so (per say ath0) are you typing in: airmon-ng start ath0? If so please understand that it was enable a monitor mode (mon#). I will let you respond before I continue; however, there are multiple programs that making WIFI testing a LOT easier... Gerix and HackPack's AirPwn, to name the two best (in my opinion). AirPwn is mine, and so I will talk about that instead of Gerix. AirPwn is an automated script which will do everything for you, and ask for the BSSID, and channel. Thats about it. I would suggest trying to test it the manual non automated way first for practice and so that you can learn/understand the concepts, but if you are too frustrated then use an automated script.

Why are you talking about IVs in a WPA attack? I mean, if you have the dictionary, if you got handshakes (even being your own client and its like it should be, your own network) why dont you go further into the "aircrack-ng" part. I mean, you have got the handshake already. Otherwise i'm not understanding the problem here.

If you read other tutorials and couldnt understand, maybe you should try Youtube.

Hope i could help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast