Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!

Just burned his ISO

Default Help!

I just received my Engenius* wireless card with antenna** in the mail. I was running Windows Vista, I put the card in (nothing happened, the LED didn't blink on either), I installed the drivers, restarted, nothing. I booted off backtrack 2, and it didn't detect a PCMCIA card. I disabled all network adapters too. My laptop is the AMD version of this***. The card says it only supports WindowsXP (and below), but Vista and Backtrack should still detect it. If it's properly plugged in, should the green LED come on, or only with network activity? Do I have a bad card, or can't I put in a PCMCIA card? Your help would be greatly appreciated!

* wlanparts.com/product/NL2511CDPLUSEXT2
    ** wlanparts.com/product/RV24-5RD-MMCX
    *** tinyurl.com/ynpn6o

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    I just received my Engenius* wireless card with antenna** in the mail. I was running Windows Vista, I put the card in (nothing happened, the LED didn't blink on either), I installed the drivers, restarted, nothing. I booted off backtrack 2, and it didn't detect a PCMCIA card. I disabled all network adapters too. My laptop is the AMD version of this***. The card says it only supports WindowsXP (and below), but Vista and Backtrack should still detect it. If it's properly plugged in, should the green LED come on, or only with network activity? Do I have a bad card, or can't I put in a PCMCIA card? Your help would be greatly appreciated!

* wlanparts.com/product/NL2511CDPLUSEXT2
    ** wlanparts.com/product/RV24-5RD-MMCX
    *** tinyurl.com/ynpn6o
    Huh? If it says it only supports XP, why would Vista and BT support it?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

I went to my neighbor's and plugged it in and it worked fine, HOWEVER, in my relatively new laptop I can't put the card in all the way - about an inch sticks out, and in my neighbor's laptop (about two years old) it went in all the way. Was an expresscard standard change recently or what?

HP claims the laptop supports: "ExpressCard/54 slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)"

(btw, it should at least turn on and be detected in Windows Vista)

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

I went to my neighbor's and plugged it in and it worked fine, HOWEVER, in my relatively new laptop I can't put the card in all the way - about an inch sticks out, and in my neighbor's laptop (about two years old) it went in all the way. Was an expresscard standard change recently or what?

(btw, it should at least turn on and be detected in Windows Vista)
    Are you trying to plug a PCMCIA card into an Express slot?

I may be wrong, but I don't think Express slots are compatible with PCMCIA cards.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Developer

This is not really a laptop forum or a card bus slot forum. The correct question for this forum would go as follows.
    my laptop is ...............
    my card is.......................
    my chipset is.....................
    my type of install is...........................
    my output of ifconfig -a is..........................
    the results of my own search are................................

Could some one please point me in the direction of a solution..................

remote-exploit forum response.............Sure Buddy you can find what you need here.....................

or this is what we did to fix that.

Just burned his ISO

I am really disappointed, they aren't compatible (pcmcia.org/faq.htm). I am also really pissed because I spent a good day researching what card to get and NOWHERE did someone mention these weren't compatible. I guess I should see if I can return it (or if someone whats to buy for $50, PM me).

So far my only solution seems to be to spend $100 on a ExpressCard to PCMCIA adaptor

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

no !! not supported in linux.........

best thing for you is usb..........
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post

do you know of any for under $100? thanks!

do you know of any for under $100? thanks!
    Search this forum for "Alfa*"

Also the aircrack-ng main site. They have a compatibility chart....

[CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post

do you mean for me to get a USB to PCMCIA adaptor or should I buy a USB wireless adaptor? Thanks!

Also, I've been looking into the Alfa, it looks great, but I so far I can't find anywhere to buy it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast