Thread: Flash Player for Firefor help needed

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Question Flash Player for Firefor help needed

Hi everyone! I'm a new guy to Backtrack and can not seem to get Flash Player to work. Or I have, but it won't play certain videos.

Every time I click a video with music, it's missing a plugin. But the one's without music (as far as the one's that I have looked at) do play.

I did look at some other topics related to this, but they are probably older and a little out-dated. Something about Flash Square?? <--- Never heard of that.

I recently (today) updated everything from BT5R1 to BT5R2 following the BT instructions to the letter. Maybe that had something to do with it?

If anyone can help, that would be awesome!

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Flash Player for Firefor help needed

Nevermind. I think i got it to work now.

For anyone who can not get it to work, try disabling NoScript in the Add-Ons under Tools. Then find the Flash-Aid Add-On and use that. When prompted, use the beta version. That will cover for a 64 bit OS. It will automatically install it. Just follow the instructions.

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs up Re: Flash Player for Firefor help needed

Quote Originally Posted by ProNewGuy View Post
    Nevermind. I think i got it to work now.

For anyone who can not get it to work, try disabling NoScript in the Add-Ons under Tools. Then find the Flash-Aid Add-On and use that. When prompted, use the beta version. That will cover for a 64 bit OS. It will automatically install it. Just follow the instructions.
    1. Thanks for the tip on Flash-Aid, it worked perfectly!
    2. There is a wiki article for doing this. It does not work, at least not for the 5.2 gnome vm download I used to create my backtrack install. Here is the link: http://www.backtrack-linux.org/wiki/...l_Flash_Player
    3. disabling NO-script completely imay not be the best idea, especially since flash support for Linux is going on auto-pilot. There will be security fixes - for now... It's a personal choice, of course, but if something isn't working, I usually just click the no-script "S" in the toolbar and allow the main site I'm trying to use. I leave all the scripts advertisers and other third parties blocked whenever possible.

Thanks again for the mention of Flash-Aid. I wasted two hours reading snarky comments in this forum telling people to "just read the wiki, derp". The wiki is one of the very first google search results - and almost every plea for help I found in this forum started with "I tried the wiki, it did not work" or "the links mentioned in the wiki are broken". Your post contained the most concise instructions for just getting it working. Bravo.