Thread: Does the Alfa AWUS036NH work with Aircrack in BT5R2?

Threaded View

Just burned his ISO

Default Problems with the Alfa AWUS036NH getting Decloak xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx in airodump-ng

I recently purchased an Alfa AWUS036NH USB WiFi Adapter but keep hitting a problem with captures via airodump-ng (Aircrack).

I have a old router lying around which I use for testing, I set it to WEP encryption for quick test. In the scenario I created, I fake associated with my test access point and proceeded to capture ARP requests, this all works fine but as soon as loads of IV's are generated the data count on airodump-ng didn't go up one bit even though I could see my client mac constantly re-injecting ARP requests, I found this strange. I then noticed I got a decloak message in my capture:

CH 11 ][ Elapsed: 8 mins ][ 2012-06-16 10:32 ][ Decloak: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
    The x characters are what would be BSSID of my test router.

I have never seen this message before ever and am very confused as to what it means. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I can crack the WEP key of my test access point with no problem using my laptops built in Wireless Card (Intel Centrino 6230N) but with the Alfa it seems to fail with this Decloak message.

Does anyone have an ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

I'm running Backtrack 5 R2 KDE (64-bit) USB install
    Last edited by James2k; 06-17-2012 at 03:45 AM. Reason: More descriptive title and information