Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: someone trying to get into my account?

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    We've gotten these attacks from time to time. As far as I know, we've only ever had locked accounts and no actual hijacked accounts. Still, a good reason to have a strong password.
    ...and if no one bothers to report it to the host of the attack then they will continue from there. Report the buttpirate and get them shut down.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by pipboy View Post
    what kind of noob STARTS with bruteforcing... I thought its pretty standard to try a good 15 common passwords before resorting to anything that noisy
    Trying 15 "common" passwords first is a type of brute forcing using just your web browser pipboy. Your just not using a "brute forcing" program like accessdiver or hydra..etc...
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Just some info for everyone that has had these attacks.

Please report them it is impotant

send an email to abuse@theplanet.com

stating that it was a hacking attempt on your account.

they need to know

Source IP 74.53.243.34 or whatever it was in you case (this will be in the email you received)

Destination IP 208.68.234.113

Time relative to GMT (what the time was in GMT)

They need this info to be able to fully investigate the complaint, and take the appropriate action.
    The more people that complain the better the chances are of this scumbag getting what they deserve.

It is also a good idea to change your password (make sure to use a good strong password) this can be done from the user control panel, where you will find "edit email & password"

Thank you, it is important that you take action

The IP 74.53.243.34 has been put in the forum's ban list, so all they can do is attempt to load the login php directly passing it details, but they will not be able to do much more from there onwards. I've actually banned the class C range.

I seem to remember vaguely we had some automated activity from a similar IP not long ago.

Cheers,

Mother
    In God we trust, all others we monitor

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    ...and if no one bothers to report it to the host of the attack then they will continue from there. Report the buttpirate and get them shut down.
    I didn't mention it, but we've done that before as well and will continue to.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12