Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few questions about BT2...

Just burned his ISO

Default A few questions about BT2...

Hello all, I am new to the forums. I am also relatively new to Linux and BT2. I have been messing around with cracking my 64 and 128 bit WEP keys, and I have run into a few things I cant quite figure out.

1. On one router I was able to use aireplay to send a fake auth and then start injecting packets and recieving ARP requests. All was fine until I had received around 150000 packets. Then I noticed a dramatic slowdown in the speed I was receiving new packets, so much that after an hour I had only gotten 168000. Any idea why this would be as it seems that would not be enough for me to crack 128bit wep...

2. When I attempt to crack 128bit wep using the above packetfile, using this command: " aircrack-ng -n 128 -b 00:00:00:00:00 capturefile.cap" it states that the key has been found in a few seconds, yet gives me a 10 digit hex key. Is this simply because it is the most digits it can crack with that few IV's?

3. On some routers I have been unable to send the fake auth request using "aireplay-ng -1 0 -a 00:00:00:00:00:00 -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 wlan0 -e mynetwork"

On some it stops on Sending Authorization request and fails after several tries, on others it stops further along. Any reasons here, or are these networks simply not vulnerable to this attack? Are there other attacks that can be used in this case?

I know I am asking a lot of questions. This is all very new and exciting to me, as I love learning about networks and hope to get into the security field some day. Thank you all in advance for any help you can provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecniv View Post
    Hello all, I am new to the forums. I am also relatively new to Linux and BT2. I have been messing around with cracking my 64 and 128 bit WEP keys, and I have run into a few things I cant quite figure out.

1. On one router I was able to use aireplay to send a fake auth and then start injecting packets and recieving ARP requests. All was fine until I had received around 150000 packets. Then I noticed a dramatic slowdown in the speed I was receiving new packets, so much that after an hour I had only gotten 168000. Any idea why this would be as it seems that would not be enough for me to crack 128bit wep...

2. When I attempt to crack 128bit wep using the above packetfile, using this command: " aircrack-ng -n 128 -b 00:00:00:00:00 capturefile.cap" it states that the key has been found in a few seconds, yet gives me a 10 digit hex key. Is this simply because it is the most digits it can crack with that few IV's?

3. On some routers I have been unable to send the fake auth request using "aireplay-ng -1 0 -a 00:00:00:00:00:00 -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 wlan0 -e mynetwork"

On some it stops on Sending Authorization request and fails after several tries, on others it stops further along. Any reasons here, or are these networks simply not vulnerable to this attack? Are there other attacks that can be used in this case?

I know I am asking a lot of questions. This is all very new and exciting to me, as I love learning about networks and hope to get into the security field some day. Thank you all in advance for any help you can provide.
    You have obviously done very little research at all

You provide us with no information to work with

what wireless cards are you working with (make, model, chipset)

what EXACT commands are you using

You mention that you are doing this against quite a few access points, what are their makes and model numbers, as some can be fussy on commands.

What version of the aircrack suite are you using as that affects the commands you should use.

Without at least this basic info, how can anyone help you

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

well

35000 ivs is enough for 128........
    upate to aircrack 0.9.1 (info on this forum)

use aircrack-ng -z -b MACADRESSOFROUTER XXXXXXX.cap

some access point are sketchy

google that "picky association point"
    you will find another command that may help

are you on the right channel ?
    have you try lower your rate to 1M ?
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Just burned his ISO

I apologize. As I said I am very new to this and forgot to mention those things.

I am running all of this from the Backtrack 2 live CD I downloaded today.

Wireless card is Netgear WG111v2 using rt8187 chipset.

The Access point that I had the first failure on, for starters is a 2WIRE HN180W

The commands I listed below are what I used, suffice to say that the all 0's mac is replaced and mynetwork is the SSID of the networks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecniv View Post
    I apologize. As I said I am very new to this and forgot to mention those things.

I am running all of this from the Backtrack 2 live CD I downloaded today.

Wireless card is Netgear WG111v2 using rt8187 chipset.

The Access point that I had the first failure on, for starters is a 2WIRE HN180W

The commands I listed below are what I used, suffice to say that the all 0's mac is replaced and mynetwork is the SSID of the networks.
    OK so that's a start

What were the other Access points/ Routers

And you didn't post any commands

Definitely do a harddrive install of BT2 Final if possible..then update your entire aircrack suite to the latest developmental version. Also you said you used this command....

Code:
    As a rule of thumb, the last thing on your command line should ALWAYS be your device..so place your command in this order....

aireplay-ng -1 0 -e "mynetwork" -a 00:00:00:00:00:00 -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 wlan0
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

not always exploitz....
    here is the proof that with 1.0, it's useless

Code:
    aireplay-ng --test rausb0
    Interface rausb0 -> driver: Unknown
    17:29:05  rausb0 channel: 10
    17:29:05  Trying broadcast probe requests...
    17:29:05  Injection is working!
    17:29:06  Found 1 AP

17:29:06  Trying directed probe requests...
    17:29:06  00:1A:6B:04:9E:2F - channel: 10 - 'Livebox-a5a3'
    17:29:08  Ping (min/avg/max): 15.944ms/42.980ms/83.988ms Power: 0.00
    17:29:08   8/30:  26%

bt ~ # aireplay-ng rausb0 --test
    Interface rausb0 -> driver: Unknown
    17:29:25  rausb0 channel: 10
    17:29:25  Trying broadcast probe requests...
    17:29:25  Injection is working!
    17:29:26  Found 1 AP

17:29:26  Trying directed probe requests...
    17:29:26  00:1A:6B:04:9E:2F - channel: 10 - 'Livebox-a5a3'
    17:29:28  Ping (min/avg/max): 19.857ms/49.835ms/99.989ms Power: 0.00
    17:29:28  19/30:  63%
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

I stand corrected. Thanks Shaman..that just reminds me to update my aircrack from .9.1 to the dev version again.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Just burned his ISO

Default Fake Auth successful, still no IVs

This seems odd to me... I was able to successfully perform a fake auth and associate, then when using the -3 attack to generate IV's it counts up to 10000 read or so, gets its first ARP packet, and the starts sending like crazy.

But the ARP's dont keep coming. I searched around but cant find anything on this. Any ideas?

Using a Netgear WG111v2 with the RTL8187 driver, BT2 Live CD, AP is a Netgear stand alone b/g.

No need to start a new thread with what is essentially exactly the same question with information missing

Threads merged.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast