Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: penetration tester's open source toolkit

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    It must be out because Amazon shipped me a "its on the way" Email.
    Good to know. Thanks!
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Developer

I'm curious prez which chapters you had a hand in. I'm assuming the 802.11 wireless section but I would like to know for sure.

I heard one of the chapters he was involved in was BackTrack Customization, but you had better wait for confirmation before quoting me.

Developer

I hope he wrote tuts on all the REALLY important stuff like: leetmode, downloading torrents with backtrack, ripping and burning DVD's, how to enable the boot screen, and last but not least how to import the backtrack menu to a normal user acount. (even though half the tools require you to be root).

I am sure that if is important it is in there

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

I hope he wrote tuts on all the REALLY important stuff like: leetmode, downloading torrents with backtrack, ripping and burning DVD's, how to enable the boot screen, and last but not least how to import the backtrack menu to a normal user acount. (even though half the tools require you to be root).
    LOL, you forgot how to auto-change the wall paper every 60 seconds. I love that one.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    I updated and/or wrote two chapters, so I am just one of several contributors to the book. Some of it is updated from volume 1, and some other stuff is brand new.
    Well... IT SHIPPED. One tired hamster is scheduled to deliver it December 3rd. But that time i fully expect ThePrez will publish volume 3. Just in time for my Christmas shopping.
    I'm not completely a n00b...drawing on almost 2 decades of professional experience (14 years is almost 20 ... right) I ALMOST finished tutorial on changing your password from "toor" to "Password"
    Maybe I ask Xploits to help me with Video of this.....to make it less complicated.

Sincerely,
    Trol

I'm curious prez which chapters you had a hand in. I'm assuming the 802.11 wireless section but I would like to know for sure.
    I updated chapter 5 (wireless) and wrote chapter 7 (customizing backtrack).

I've talked to at least one person who has received his copy, so they're getting out there.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Well prez the day that you become an ordained minister of the Church of Wifi let me know and I'll book you to renew my vows with my old lady

Lookin' fwd to the book
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Quote Originally Posted by swc666 View Post
    Well prez the day that you become an ordained minister of the Church of Wifi let me know and I'll book you to renew my vows with my old lady

Lookin' fwd to the book
    I thought he already was ordained at the church. I'll definitely have to pick this up later. Will also have to get it autographed. Got most of the other published netstumbler regulars. Just a word to the wise, don't send your book to a con to have it autographed. The hotel's mail room will screw it up.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast