Thread: Full Drive Encryption/Live cd encryption with customizable l/p

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Lightbulb Full Drive Encryption/Live cd encryption with customizable l/p

ok here is an idea, standard fde encryption configuration right in the install or on this live cd already, this is afterall a pen-testing live cd and we dont need fools snooping around, if we can get / /boot /swap /home encryption with a lockable log in screen like alt - ctrl - L to lock up the screen it would kick ass, security to me on my own box is essential, security on a pen-testing live cd should be mostly unhackable shouldnt it?
    defcon

Quote Originally Posted by defconoi View Post
    ok here is an idea, standard fde encryption configuration right in the install or on this live cd already, this is afterall a pen-testing live cd and we dont need fools snooping around, if we can get / /boot /swap /home encryption with a lockable log in screen like alt - ctrl - L to lock up the screen it would kick ass, security to me on my own box is essential, security on a pen-testing live cd should be mostly unhackable shouldnt it?
    defcon
    You're assuming that you would leave your live CD just laying around for anyone to use. Also, if you're just using the live CD, no changes are saved, and therefore there is nothing worth encrypting is there?
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Yeah, I would probably agree that fde wouldn't be necessary on the live cd, but it would be nice if there were an fde solution as part of the hard drive or usb install. I recently installed PGP whole disk encryption for a client, and that is a nice product. Not a bad price either ($149), but still, a whole lot more expensive than backtrack .

Does anyone out there know of any free encryption products that will do full disk encryption on the boot disk? I know of GPG and Truecrypt, but neither will encrypt the boot disk.

EforeZZ

I think it would be nice to have most BackTrack-files on the DVD (USB drive, HDD drive) encrypted or at least hidden and to boot the fake OS by default (some kind of home theatre OS, e.g. MoviX). The OS should not look like a hax0r tool by default and it should not be possible to guess (to prove) that there is BackTrack-OS on the disk.

Is there a way to encrypt the lzm modules?

Just burned his ISO

Default encryption

Hi All,

I have a custom CD that contains a certificate and vpn client to allow connection back to our office's, Currently i'm trying to encrypt the cd so that if lost stolen cloned it's of no risk to us.

I have been posting on the ubuntu forum's to try and find a way to overcome the issue's , encfs and luks are the two i have been looking at , anybody had any experience with this before ?

I was wondering mad thoughts but if a custom busybox could decrypt a whole folder from the cd and then call the O/S busybox - this would make a solution that could be deployed O/S independant !

Idea's ?