Thread: BT5 R1/R2 KDE (32/64bit) Black Screen Display on Resume but not on LiveOS

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation [FIXED] BT5 R1/R2 KDE (32/64bit) Black Screen Display on Resume but not on LiveOS

Hi.
    I have a stock 6 mo. old Dell E6420 with an upgraded Intel X-25M 80GB SSD installed. I have been using BT5 KDE 32bit version on it since I got it. Then, 4 months later, working as usual (firefox, bash, and emacs), I put it to sleep. When I turned it on later that day it came on, but the screen was completely powered off. I could type in my password and log in (I heard the log in sound). I found out that putting the computer to sleep after logging in, then turning it back on once it's gone to sleep will restore power to the screen and it'll resume normally.

I have been trying to figure out why this happens for the past two months. I have re-downloaded and installed fresh copies of bt5, bt5r1, and bt5r2 for both 32 and 64bit KDE versions individually. And the problem still occurs. However, only for the 32 bit versions when running as a LiveOS the suspend to RAM and resume functions correctly. The suspend/resume function for the 64 bit versions do not work correctly when running as a LiveOS. Also, only for the 64 bit versions, the screen brightness is not adjustable (the function key displays the brightness bar on the screen, but the screen stays the same brightness), whereas it does work for 32 bit versions.

I have also tried it with a new 250GB WD Blue HDD.

Helping me solve this problem would be great.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by naisanza; 06-01-2012 at 12:35 PM.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: BT5 R1/R2 KDE (32/64bit) Black Screen Display on Resume but not on LiveOS

Removed 'nomodeset vga=791' from /etc/default/grub. Then, run update-grub.