Thread: BT5 R2 Black Screen Display

Default BT5 R2 Black Screen Display

I have dell Latitude E6410 with intel chip nvidia NVS 3100M , i tried to fresh install R2 and also upgrade R1 . x server does not load and ended with black screen i believe due to lack of the proper nvidia driver in kernel 3 , R1 version working fine
    i could not find the right driver either .
    Knowledge is Power

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: BT5 R2 Black Screen Display

Yo
    Hi
    I actually have exactly the same problem, have tried upgrade and clean install. Ender unfortunately always end up with two flashing LED `s
    A and down arrow. I think it may have something to see the modem LED diagram.

Have tried to disable in the bios, but NoGo ..

Just burned his ISO

I have been trying to figure out a very similar issue too. If I run nouveau driver with my nvidia GT218 / 3100M, display works fairly well. I have some problems with ACPI related changes (coming out of suspend, coming out of blank screen/backlight off), but for the most part it works.

However, the Nvidia driver ends up putting me into a black screen on Xorg startup, and xorg logs don't really give much of a hint to the issue. I've tried some of the tips others have posted for upgrading from bt5r1 to r2 with regard to nvidia/cuda, but no dice yet. I've even tried a fresh install of bt5r2 and reproduced the issue. If I ssh in and kill the parent bash session I can regain control via local terminal, but that's the only way I've found to recover without rebooting.

I'll keep poking at it and update if I figure it out. Anyone else have luck with BT5R2, Nvidia 3100M, and Nvidia proprietary drivers?

Just burned his ISO

Hey everyone, I've run into the same problem when trying to install R2 and when upgrading from R1 to R2. I'm running HP ProBook 4320s Please let me know if anyone ever found a fix.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by azagorath View Post
    I have dell Latitude E6410 with intel chip nvidia NVS 3100M , i tried to fresh install R2 and also upgrade R1 . x server does not load and ended with black screen i believe due to lack of the proper nvidia driver in kernel 3 , R1 version working fine
    i could not find the right driver either .
    I'm having the same problem with an HP ProBook 430s. BT5 r1 works well but upgrading or fresh install for r2 just gives me a blank screen when I starts. Is there a nice fix for this yet?