Thread: Backtrack Live CD loading as Ubuntu instead?

Just burned his ISO

Angry Backtrack Live CD loading as Ubuntu instead?

Hey guys , I downloaded , not once but twice BT5R2 gnome 32 bit direct today and yesterday.

Now I burned three different cds over the last two days.. when I boot i boot into what appears to be backtrack but i end up in 12.04 Ubuntu ... from what i know there was never a migration over to the nearly brand new distro as a base? There's no backtrack tools either? And i triple checked , even with my co-workers I was on the correct website for direct download... so It cant be a fake site...
    I also noticed sometime around 1-2pm eastern the site was down for about 10 mins , I was unable to reach it at my office nor my phone.?? SO what gives?
    Anyone else getting these problems??

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Backtrack Live CD loading as Ubuntu instead?

This has happened twice to be after I updated a persistance usb install of BT5 R2. No idea why it happened but all the tools were still there it was just the layout changed to the ubuntu one. I just did a flash and reinstall as I thought it was just something I had done.

Just burned his ISO

Downloaded BT532 KDE and got the same result... im booting into 12.04 LTS Ubuntu instead of backtrack

Just burned his ISO

I solved the problem... I was able to get an older cd I made about a month ago off my friend. I booted it up with the same issue. So i booted another comp... I got into BT5 correctly... so its no the cds or Iso? Then i booted the cd without a HDD in my problem pc. Booted no problem... So i figured somehow its using files of a non-existant OS to run 12.04? I had Windows XP and Bt5 r2 dual boot ... so idk how it got the files to run. I also found out when booting with a live cd it mounted my Backtrack partition and wouldn't unmount cause the CD drive was busy using it?... So i force unmounted and deleted my partitions with gparted. Then I was finially able to boot into BT5 r2 gnome 32 bit correctly... weird bug?