Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pyrit + Cal++ (Radeon) How-To Guide (BT5R2 KDE 64bit)

Default Re: Pyrit + Cal++ (Radeon) How-To Guide (BT5R2 KDE 64bit)

Quote Originally Posted by ternarybit View Post
    You missed the period at the end of the command, which tells cmake that the <path-to-source> is the current working directory Be sure to run:
    Code:
    cmake .
    Indeed..thanks a lot.

Now first the good news: Pyrit and Cal++ works and no segmentation fault in my laptop.

Now the bad news. while installing Cal++ I have received host of errors:

Code:
    root@bt:/tmp/pyrit/cpyrit_calpp# python setup.py build && python setup.py install
    running build
    running build_ext
    Building modules...
    building 'cpyrit._cpyrit_calpp' extension
    creating build
    creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.6
    gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -I/opt/AMDAPP/include -I/usr/include/python2.6 -c _cpyrit_calpp.cpp -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.6/_cpyrit_calpp.o -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing -DVERSION="0.4.0-dev (svn r308)"
    cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wstrict-prototypes" is valid for Ada/C/ObjC but not for C++
    gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -I/opt/AMDAPP/include -I/usr/include/python2.6 -c _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.6/_cpyrit_calpp_kernel.o -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing -DVERSION="0.4.0-dev (svn r308)"
    cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wstrict-prototypes" is valid for Ada/C/ObjC but not for C++
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp: In function ‘void sha1_process(const SHA_DEV_CTX&, SHA_DEV_CTX&)’:
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:429: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘^’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:431: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘^’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:434: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘^’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:437: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘^’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:440: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘^’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:443: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘^’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:446: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘^’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:449: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘^’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:452: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘^’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:455: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘^’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:458: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘^’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:461: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘^’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:464: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘^’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:467: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘^’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:470: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘^’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:473: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘^’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:477: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘^’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:481: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘^’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:485: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘^’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:490: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘^’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:595: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘|’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:599: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘|’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:605: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘|’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:609: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘|’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:615: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘|’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:619: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘|’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:625: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘|’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:629: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘|’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:635: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘|’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:639: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘|’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:645: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘|’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:649: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘|’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:655: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘|’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:659: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘|’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:665: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘|’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:669: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘|’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:675: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘|’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:679: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘|’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:685: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘|’
    _cpyrit_calpp_kernel.cpp:689: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘|’
    creating build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.6
    creating build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.6/cpyrit
    g++ -pthread -shared -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.6/_cpyrit_calpp.o build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.6/_cpyrit_calpp_kernel.o -lcrypto -laticalrt -laticalcl -o build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.6/cpyrit/_cpyrit_calpp.so
    running install
    running build
    running build_ext
    Building modules...
    running install_lib
    copying build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.6/cpyrit/_cpyrit_calpp.so -> /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/cpyrit
    running install_egg_info
    Writing /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/cpyrit_calpp-0.4.0_dev._svn.r308_.egg-info
    Now to test Pyrit:

Code:
    root@bt:~# pyrit list_cores
    /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/cpyrit/cpyrit.py:63: UserWarning: WARNING: Version mismatch between <module 'cpyrit._cpyrit_cpu' from '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/cpyrit/_cpyrit_cpu.so'> ('0.4.1-dev (svn r308)') and <module 'cpyrit._cpyrit_calpp' from '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/cpyrit/_cpyrit_calpp.so'> ('0.4.0-dev (svn r308)')

"('%s')\n" % (_cpyrit_cpu, _cpyrit_cpu.VERSION, mod, ver))
    Pyrit 0.4.1-dev (svn r308) (C) 2008-2011 Lukas Lueg http://pyrit.googlecode.com
    This code is distributed under the GNU General Public License v3+

The following cores seem available...
    #1:  'CAL++ Device #1 'ATI RV710''
    #2:  'CPU-Core (SSE2)'
    #3:  'CPU-Core (SSE2)'
    #4:  'CPU-Core (SSE2)'
    root@bt:~# pyrit benchmark
    /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/cpyrit/cpyrit.py:63: UserWarning: WARNING: Version mismatch between <module 'cpyrit._cpyrit_cpu' from '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/cpyrit/_cpyrit_cpu.so'> ('0.4.1-dev (svn r308)') and <module 'cpyrit._cpyrit_calpp' from '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/cpyrit/_cpyrit_calpp.so'> ('0.4.0-dev (svn r308)')

Running benchmark (2748.4 PMKs/s)... | 

Computed 2748.44 PMKs/s total.
    #1: 'CAL++ Device #1 'ATI RV710'': 1733.7 PMKs/s (RTT 2.3)
    #2: 'CPU-Core (SSE2)': 398.9 PMKs/s (RTT 2.9)
    #3: 'CPU-Core (SSE2)': 387.2 PMKs/s (RTT 3.1)
    #4: 'CPU-Core (SSE2)': 386.3 PMKs/s (RTT 2.9)

root@bt:~#
    Also cracking speed seems to be not flash rather.

Thanks a lot

Further Issues while doing actual crunching with current setup:

Code:
    root@bt:~# pyrit -r '/root/My_Wireless_Router /mwrouter-01.cap' analyze

Parsing file '/root/My_Wireless_Router /mwrouter-01.cap' (1/1)...
    Parsed 4 packets (4 802.11-packets), got 1 AP(s)

#1: AccessPoint 77:AA:d2:60:Ae:20 ('My Wireless Router'):
      #1: Station 7A:AA:d2:60:Ae:45, 1 handshake(s):
        #1: HMAC_MD5_RC4, good, spread 1

root@bt:~# pyrit -r '/root/My_Wireless_Router /mwrouter-01.cap' -b 77:AA:d2:60:Ae:20 attack_batch

Connecting to storage at 'file://'...  connected.
    Parsing file '/root/My_Wireless_Router /mwrouter-01.cap' (1/1)...

Attacking handshake with station 7A:AA:d2:60:Ae:45
    Segmentation faulto far (0.0%); 2151 PMKs per second.

root@bt:~#

The compliation errors and version mismatches are expected and not important. The original post mentions them and it's OK to ignore them.

Not sure where the last segfault comes from. This looks suspicious:

Code:
    I expect it to show the location of your DB, I think default is file:///root/.pyrit/blobspace or something similar. Make sure your ~/.pyrit/config has an appropriate line "default_storage" for pyrit's database. Make sure the volume it's stored on has lots of space! I noticed that pyrit says it's "connected" to the database, even when I forget to mount the device it's located on. Maybe try an attack_passthrough to see if the segfault has to do with the DB. If attack_passthrough works, you're probably having some issue with pyrit's DB.

Also, I'm concerned about this:

Code:
    The space after My_Wireless_Router may cause issues, even with the quoted argument. Maybe try renaming the file path with no spaces.

Try rebooting, too. For me, it seems like performance is steadily increasing with each run of pyrit. The first time I ran an attack, it didn't go much faster than normal, but now I'm up to ~40k PMKs/s on average. YMMV—my card is a Radeon HD 4890, a fairly decent card.

Oh, I just noticed!

Now first the good news: Pyrit and Cal++ works and no segmentation fault in my laptop.
    You're running it on your laptop. I do expect it to work without segfaults, but I don't expect it to work at really really fast speeds. Any laptop video chipset won't compare to a desktop chipset, not even close. It should give you a few more PMKs/s, but don't expect huge gains, sorry

Also, I'm concerned about this:

Code:
    The space after My_Wireless_Router may cause issues, even with the quoted argument. Maybe try renaming the file path with no spaces.
    You nailed it. The culprit was that extra space after My_Wireless_Router

config file under root@bt:~/.pyrit# looks like this and it is correct:
    Code:
    default_storage = file://
    limit_ncpus = 0
    rpc_announce = true
    rpc_announce_broadcast = false
    rpc_knownclients =
    rpc_server = false
    workunit_size = 75000
    Anyway remove that extra space in the folder name and it is all working now.

Thanks again ternarybit for all your prompt help. See my crunching output:

Code:
    root@bt:~# pyrit -r '/root/My_Wireless_Router/mwrouter-01.cap' -b AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF attack_batch

Parsing file '/root/My_Wireless_Router/mwrouter-01.cap' (1/1)...

Attacking handshake with station FF:EE:DD:CC:BB:AA
    ^Cied 300000 PMKs so far (0.0%); 5069 PMKs per second.
    Interrupted...
    Decent speed I suppose..

Also this is good link if anyone like to know more on how to run pyrit

http://code.google.com/p/pyrit/wiki/Tutorial

Question: Does pyrit has resume functionality from where it may be interrupted? I do not seem to see anything in the help file.
    Last edited by hannah; 07-09-2012 at 11:42 PM.

I might have spoken a bit too early..
    Ok I left pyrit running however after 3.6% going through the database it crashed: Please see the output:

Code:
    root@bt:~# pyrit -r '/root/My_Wireless_Router/mwrouter-01.cap' -b AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF attack_batch

Attacking handshake with station FF:EE:DD:CC:BB:AA
    Segmentation faults so far (3.6%); 5114 PMKs per second.
    So I ran this command:
    Code:
    root@bt:~# pyrit eval

Passwords available: 611405917

ESSID 'My Wireless Router' : 23362343 (3.82%)
    Everything seems ok here.. any pointer for the segmentation fault please..

When using attack_batch, pyrit does store the computed PMKs in the DB, and only calculates nonexistent PMKs when starting again. So yes, it does resume where it left off when using attack_batch.

5000 PMKs/s for a laptop is very decent; that's faster than my Core2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz does alone.

As far as your last segfault, I'm not sure. The door is really wide open for possible causes; I haven't experienced that same error in the same way. Here are a few possible causes in my mind:

• AMD lists older hardware as beta support for Stream; maybe your hardware is too old (I think mine is even as a HD 4890, which is only a few years old)
    • Maybe there is a bug in either the fglrx driver or AMD SDK linked in the original post. I actually used the latest driver and SDK without problems, contrary to what the OP suggested. Maybe try that?
    • Try to rule out hardware failure: run memtest and hard drive tests.
    • Possibly a bug in pyrit. Seems development has slowed down a lot, unfortunately
    • Random thought: be sure the computer is adequately ventilated. Laptops get hot, even more so when pushing them so hard like pyrit does

One other thought: I have had a lot of stability issues running pyrit on my machine. I have had a lot of problems before pyrit, so I'm not sure if it's pyrit-related, but one thing is for sure: pyrit definitely stresses a PC to the max. Only the most stable setups will run it well, so don't feel bad if you run into issues.
    Last edited by ternarybit; 07-10-2012 at 08:47 AM.

When using attack_batch, pyrit does store the computed PMKs in the DB, and only calculates nonexistent PMKs when starting again. So yes, it does resume where it left off when using attack_batch.

5000 PMKs/s for a laptop is very decent; that's faster than my Core2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz does alone.

As far as your last segfault, I'm not sure. The door is really wide open for possible causes; I haven't experienced that same error in the same way. Here are a few possible causes in my mind:

-----snip-----
    Thanks a lot mate all the advice and sounds logical. I suppose I need to dig deep to get this working. Yes when pyrit runs it takes all the processing power and my laptop basically becomes useless. Anyway I need to increase the HDD space for my BT partition as these PMKs are taking up space.

Let's see and once again thanks a lot for all the kind and prompt advice.
    Regards

My attempt to crunch again last night:

Code:

Attacking handshake with station **********snip******
    Segmentation faults so far (6.1%); 4910 PMKs per second.
    You have new mail in /var/mail/root
    Receive Segmentation faults at (6.1%)

cheers all..
    Last edited by hannah; 07-10-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Just burned his ISO

I installed all the drivers and software listed above .
    My video card is HD 6990 and after installation Im getting very strange error when I type pyrit in Terminal

Second thing
    After typing list_cores Im getting another error

The following cores seem available...
    #1: 'CAL++ Device #1 'AMD CAYMAN''
    #2: 'CAL++ Device #2 'AMD CAYMAN''
    #3: 'CPU-Core (SSE2/AES)'
    #4: 'CPU-Core (SSE2/AES)'
    Exception in thread CAL++ Device #1 'AMD CAYMAN':
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/cpyrit/cpyrit.py", line 205, in run
    self._testData(res)
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/cpyrit/cpyrit.py", line 155, in _testData
    raise ValueError("Test-vector does not result in correct PMK.")
    ValueError: Test-vector does not result in correct PMK.

Just burned their ISO

Original post updated, cleaned up a few things, removed unnecessary reboots & added adriancard's fix for lib install errors.
    Tested/working on BT5 R3 with HD5670

HD7000series users advised to use a different guide for OpenCL instead (unfortunately no way to get cal++ working on HD7000 so far)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12